Week 9: New York Jets (3-5) @ Miami Dolphins (4-4)

TheKillerNacho

Week 9: NYJ @ MIA  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • New York Jets
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or less point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Which player scores the most fantasy points during this game?

• Ryan Tannehill
    • Brock Osweiler
    • Sam Darnold
    • Kenyan Drake
    • Frank Gore
    • Isaiah Crowell
    • Kenny Stills
    • DeVante Parker
    • Jakeem Grant
    • Danny Amendola
    • Robby Anderson
    • Jermaine Kearse
    • Quincy Enunwa
    • Mike Gesicki
    • Eric Tomlinson
    • Jason Sanders
    • Jason Myers
    • Dolphins DST
    • Jets DST
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/04/2018 at 06:00 PM

If we lose this game then it’s time to roll it up for the season and tank it.  That’s hard to say, but I’ve gotten to the point where it’s playoffs or nothing.  

Im still wearing my Aqua and Teal blinders so my prediction is:

Fins 20

Jets 17

Fins up!!!!

This is a must win game, we still have a very tough schedule, so the team has to find a way to win these competitive games. Burke pretty much confirmed this week what every fan has seen, that the Dolphins defense doesn't know what they are doing. There are too many young players that are making mistakes. If our defense can play half way decent, we can put up enough points to win some games. Brock has played well, we are averaging over 21 points a game with him at QB. The Jets defense isn't as good as what we have faced with the Bears and Texans. This is a winnable game.

1 hour ago, ericsvibe said:

This is a must win game, we still have a very tough schedule, so the team has to find a way to win these competitive games. Burke pretty much confirmed this week what every fan has seen, that the Dolphins defense doesn't know what they are doing. There are too many young players that are making mistakes. If our defense can play half way decent, we can put up enough points to win some games. Brock has played well, we are averaging over 21 points a game with him at QB. The Jets defense isn't as good as what we have faced with the Bears and Texans. This is a winnable game.

Our remaining schedule actually isn't so bad. We have the Bills twice, the Colts, the Pats at home (we will paly this game hard as always), and the struggling Jags which are all pretty winable games. The rough parts will be @Vikings and @Packers.

Although, we aren't very good either. So there's that... I think we finish 6-10 or  7-9.

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Although, we aren't very good either. So there's that... I think we finish 6-10 or  7-9.

6-10? That would mean 2-6 to finish out the year, noooooo! Fins have always played the Packers and Vikings tough too, either or both of those could be wins. 

Otoh, Colts and Jags are usually a tough out. Jets and Bills, same deal. This might be the rotating year, where Brady goes off in Miami instead of his usual South Beach collapse. 

2 hours ago, FinSting said:

6-10? That would mean 2-6 to finish out the year, noooooo! Fins have always played the Packers and Vikings tough too, either or both of those could be wins. 

Otoh, Colts and Jags are usually a tough out. Jets and Bills, same deal. This might be the rotating year, where Brady goes off in Miami instead of his usual South Beach collapse. 

You're an optimist. I respect that. I'm going to guess you have been following the Fins for a couple years now?

Personally I'm bracing for the 2-6 or 3-5 finish. Our schedule isn't that tough, but in the end, we're just not talented.

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

You're an optimist. I respect that.

It's the NFL, every year has something weird happening. The 7-9 Eagles winning the Super Bowl last year is a good example. Get hot, stay hot, you can win this thing even with a backup QB. 

Just now, FinSting said:

It's the NFL, every year has something weird happening. The 7-9 Eagles winning the Super Bowl last year is a good example. Get hot, stay hot, you can win this thing even with a backup QB. 

The Eagles were/are one of the most talented teams in the NFL across the board.

The Dolphins are one of the least talented teams in the NFL across the board.

Sorry but the situation is completely different.

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

The Eagles were/are one of the most talented teams in the NFL across the board.

The Dolphins are one of the least talented teams in the NFL across the board.

Sorry but the situation is completely different.

Who on the Eagles can run faster than Jakeem Grant? NO ONE.

Both teams are 4-4 though. Still thinking 'completely different?' Heh

Just now, FinSting said:

Who on the Eagles can run faster than Jakeem Grant? NO ONE.

Both teams are 4-4 though. Still thinking 'completely different?' Heh

Dolphins have overperformed, Eagles have underperformed.

Jakeem Grant is a nice piece but speed isn't everything. Take a look how Al Davis ran the Raiders, lol.

2 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Three Super Bowl wins? I like how you think ;)

I'm talking about his senile years when he drafted the fastest player in the board in descending order. But if you honestly think the Dolphins are as talented as the Eagles ... we'll have to agree to disagree lol

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I'm talking about his senile years when he drafted the fastest player in the board in descending order. But if you honestly think the Dolphins are as talented as the Eagles ... we'll have to agree to disagree lol

That's kinda the whole point...the Eagles won the Super Bowl with a castoff QB nobody wanted. It was bloody brilliant to witness too. 

Archived