Week 9: New York Jets (3-5) @ Miami Dolphins (4-4)

TheKillerNacho

Week 9: NYJ @ MIA  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • New York Jets
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or less point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Which player scores the most fantasy points during this game?

• Ryan Tannehill
    • Brock Osweiler
    • Sam Darnold
    • Kenyan Drake
    • Frank Gore
    • Isaiah Crowell
    • Kenny Stills
    • DeVante Parker
    • Jakeem Grant
    • Danny Amendola
    • Robby Anderson
    • Jermaine Kearse
    • Quincy Enunwa
    • Mike Gesicki
    • Eric Tomlinson
    • Jason Sanders
    • Jason Myers
    • Dolphins DST
    • Jets DST
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/04/2018 at 06:00 PM

8 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I refer to scoring 6 offensive points.

We don't play Darnold and his anemic Jets every week.

We do play the Bills twice though. But literally every game aside from those two we lose with an offensive performance like this.

Matt Haack is offensive MVP. That's how you win NFL games, don't turn the ball over, take the ball away, and punt like a god ;)

Just now, FinSting said:

Matt Haack is offensive MVP. That's how you win NFL games, don't turn the ball over, take the ball away, and punt like a god ;)

Alternately, you score points and stop the opponent from scoring points.

Again, if this defensive performance were against the Packers next week I'd be ecstatic. Fact is, our defense has shown to fold like a house of cards versus even mediocre attacks

The two games before this were defensive turds, couldn't do much of anything right. I was hoping the extra post-TNF rest leading into this game would give them time to recover, and...it happened! Four INT's, four sacks. 

I was quite worried about this game, because any AFC East team can beat any other AFC East team. 

Just now, freak_of_nature said:

That's a 12M+ of dead money. Maybe he needs a a psychologist to talk to, or an honest powwow with the coaching staff to get his feelings out.

Wonder how he felt, standing on the sidelines, watching the pass defense picking off INT's like mad. Without him. 

1 minute ago, FinSting said:

Wonder how he felt, standing on the sidelines, watching the pass defense picking off INT's like mad. Without him. 

A Le'Veon Bell situation there.

He'll be 31 going into next season and he's still playing at a high level. It looks like there's still good tread on the tires, so I'd love for him to stay a bit longer. He's a stabilizing force in the secondary. The Jets were just completely dysfunctional with the rookie QB and not much talent on that offense.

Another ugly win but I will take it. No major injuries but Reshad  supposedly craps out, (real nice way to set an example to all the kids playing football on Friday nights that think you are a hero) I hope things get worked out but that is not good.

Was it Mike Wallace I think maybe that quit during a game a few seasons ago maybe.

8 hours ago, Dolphinmeister said:

Another ugly win but I will take it. No major injuries but Reshad  supposedly craps out, (real nice way to set an example to all the kids playing football on Friday nights that think you are a hero) I hope things get worked out but that is not good.

Was it Mike Wallace I think maybe that quit during a game a few seasons ago maybe.

Yeah this situation seems bizarre.

I think the Jones situation is just mid season frustration. Jones chose to stay in Miami, and I think that doubt is starting to creep in a little. He could be playing on a team like the Chiefs. I hope he gets it straightened out, because we need him back there. On to the game, the defense played much better with McCain in the slot, and Fitzpatrick and McTyer on the boundary with Howard. McCain just doesn't have the speed to be on the boundary. The LB's also played better. The problems we have had on defense is more due to inexperience, than a lack of talent. The other thing that has helped has been getting some experienced DT's in the game. Spence has really helped the run defense in the middle. The 3 injuries scare me though. If we loose Quinn, Tunsil, or James, it is going to get ugly. Our O-line once again laid an egg. Larsen is horrible, I saw so many half-but blocking attempts it made me sick. All he needed to do was lock up the guy in front of him, but they just moved him out of the way like he wasn't even trying. On one of the short 3rd down runs, the DT just powered Larsen right out of the gap and got both arms around Gore for the tackle. On another play, Davis completely missed the LB on a play where he was pulling to run block. Then we had Drake just barely touch a blitzing LB who went right by and blew up Brock, killing a promising drive. Brock wasn't too happy, he was caught telling Gase, "are you f-bombing kidding me", after a sack. The saddest part is the Dolphins still have a chance at the playoffs, even now. If the Dolphins beat the Colts, Bills twice, and Jaguars, and all are winnable games. If the division leaders continue to dominate in the AFC, that could allow the Dolphins to sneak in with a 9-7 record. This at least gives the team something to play for. I just want to see some competitive football to close out the season, so that the work on drafting a franchise QB can begin.

Archived