What happens in an alternate universe in 2016?

zelbell

Say in 2016 we do things that we thought we were gonna do (aka not tank)

basically everything shakes out like this:

Draft Wentz

resign Benjamin, Schwartz, and Mack

Are we still firing Hue Jackson halfway through his 3rd season? Do we go 1-15 & 0-16? Obviously it’s in the past, but something I thought that was interesting to think about 

Wins 4 maybe 5 games and Carson Wentz is closer to Dak Prescott/Ryan Tannehill than an MVP/Franchise QB.

Benjamin and Schwartz are JAGS they are no where close to difference makers in fact Schwartz looked worse than Chris Hubbard more often in his time in Cleveland than he looked like a bookend OT.

Same record in year 3 with a much more bleak outlook because we didn't have guys like Denzel Ward and Nick Chubb that Sashi's plan landed us so Hue Jackson is still fired and this time the future still looks dim.

I will take the reality we live in over that reality any day.

56 minutes ago, zelbell said:

Draft Wentz

Are we still firing Hue Jackson halfway through his 3rd season? Do we go 1-15 & 0-16? Obviously it’s in the past, but something I thought that was interesting to think about 

Eh, that be impressive as Benjamin didn’t even care to hear our offer. Schwartz wanted it mostly to leverage other teams.  Mack would have listened.... if he was the highest paid guy at his position in the league.

It great options imo.

Things were bleak.  We had no talent, no direction, nothing.  

We’d have likely ruined Wentz tbh.  And by “we” I mean Hue.

5 hours ago, zelbell said:

Draft Wentz

Ugh. The more I think of it the more it's clear we should have kept Hue. He just needed more pieces ?...

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, that be impressive as Benjamin didn’t even care to hear our offer. Schwartz wanted it mostly to leverage other teams.  Mack would have listened.... if he was the highest paid guy at his position in the league.

It great options imo.

Things were bleak.  We had no talent, no direction, nothing.  

We’d have likely ruined Wentz tbh.  And by “we” I mean Hue.

i dont think mack would have stayed even if we made him the highest paid.

i think hue gets fired.  probably about 40 games in, wed just have a ruined wentz.

Archived