Deadline is here

LoganF89

So the deadline is at 4pm and from what I have been reading, these guys have all been rumored. Your thoughts? Any interest?

Demaryius Thomas

Bruce Irvin

Haha Clinton Dix

Karl Joseph

Jamie Collins

Tyrod Taylor

Janoris Jenkins

Piere Garcon

Arik Armstead

Golden Tate

Landon Collins

Gareon Conley

Kelvin Benjamin

Desean Jackson

Shane Ray

Brandon Marshall (linebacker)

Olivier Vernon

theres a few I could grow to like

gareon Conley- Stroman has struggled and we don’t know if Dunbar will be ready to go

janoris Jenkins- same reason as Conley but he will for one take more to get and two his contract

Desean Jackson- he’s probably the only WR I would be interested in. Hopefully Quinn and Crowder will be back soon. Doctson has stepped up the last 2 weeks

SELLING

any players you guys would look to trade? My picks are

Perine- I’ll take 6th or 7th on it

Preston Smith- now this one is interesting, do we think that McPhee or Anderson could fill in or would you reach out to gallete to fill his spot? I think he could fetch at least a 3rd and his cost next season will be more than we want to pay

Nah man we can't let got of Preston even though it maybe a good idea being in his last year and all.  Yea he has not gotten sacks but he is getting pressure and every OL we play have to choose their poison, him, Kerrigan or the studs in the middle.  He is also playing the run well from what I can tell.  So since our D is what is really winning games for us, no way we tamper with that success.  

6 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

I think Armstead and/or Ray would be good additions. Have a feeling one of Kerrigan and Smith won’t be back, to have those 2 young guys compete for a spot next year is good foresight . Can’t have enough pass rushers. 

Kerrigan needs to be here until he is finished with football.

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

The only way you trade Preston Smith, is if we trade for Chandler Jones.

Which I've heard whispers of...

Don't screw with the defense! It's why were 5-2. That & AP.

I want PP on this team. It would solidify this D for maybe a deep playoff run.

But I doubt that happens.

Peterson just cost too much!!! That said he and Norm whole it’s expensive you already can’t run teams literally wouldn’t be able to throw!!! But Dunny has been very good Fabian has been solid!!! I just idk we’re looking solid at CB. We’ve drafted at that position and for what most thought they would be when Fuller was traded I think this team is performing well with all the home grown players on defense

As much as I like Golden Tate and think he would be an absolutely perfect fit for this team and offense — I don’t know that I could have justified a 3rd round pick for him. Not when he’s a pure rental who will be hitting the FA market after the season. 

Yes, he will presumably be eligible to bring back a comp pick if/when he leaves. But that’s a pretty speculative bet, as there’s no real reason to feel particularly confident that we’ll even qualify for comp picks next offseason. And even if he did bring back a pick, it would probably be at best a 4th or maybe a 5th in 2020. So it wouldn’t come particularly close to recouping the 2019 3rd rounder value given up for him. 

I don’t think I could do that for 8 games (and a postseason run, I suppose) of a player who — while he’s a very good contributor who I think could give us what Garcon provided for years — is probably not a bona fide game-changer. Sure as hell wish the Eagles hadn’t gotten him though ?

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

As much as I like Golden Tate and think he would be an absolutely perfect fit for this team and offense — I don’t know that I could have justified a 3rd round pick for him. Not when he’s a pure rental who will be hitting the FA market after the season. 

Yes, he will presumably be eligible to bring back a comp pick if/when he leaves. But that’s a pretty speculative bet, as there’s no real reason to feel particularly confident that we’ll even qualify for comp picks next offseason. And even if he did bring back a pick, it would probably be at best a 4th or maybe a 5th in 2020. So it wouldn’t come particularly close to recouping the 2019 3rd rounder value given up for him. 

I don’t think I could do that for 8 games (and a postseason run, I suppose) of a player who — while he’s a very good contributor who I think could give us what Garcon provided for years — is probably not a bona fide game-changer. Sure as hell wish the Eagles hadn’t gotten him though ?

I agree in a vacuum he isn't worth a 3rd rounder as a rental I feel like we have an abundance of depth mid round value players and could really benefit from more top level talent. However I would be ok with doing it this year because this is probably going to be our best shot. The division is looking vulnerable we get to play a last place schedule and don't have to pay some key players yet.

Archived