? Week 9: Bucs (3-4) @ Panthers (5-2)

bucsfan333

Just now, ravishingone said:

I could be way off base, but I don't see it happening.  Even at 3-5 with 3 home division games left, there is still a chance.  I m not changing my stance that both Licht and Koetter are finished.  Giving the GM a full 5 seasons and Koetter 4 years in the organization suggests to potential candidates ownership will support us,

We already fired one coach and gave more work to Duff. We'd only be giving more work to Monken (I assume).

But you could feel it reading every response and hearing everything from everyone. Last week was a breaking point.

I wouldn't do it. Unless we wanna try to get a jump on looking for new GMs/coaches. And even then I don't know how much, if any, contact we can make with anyone.

We could ride it out with Koetter and pick 10th-15th or increase someone's workload and cause a whole mess of panic/conflict within the locker room and pick top eighth.

We didn't even trade a fourth for Clinton-Dix. I can't imagine Licht saw that as too pricey. And Green Bay surely would've preferred ours over Washington's. So maybe the Glazers did nix any trades like that in hopes that Fitz turns this thing around.

It's not over at 3-4. But it's an uphill battle to the playoffs right now.

9 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We already fired one coach and gave more work to Duff. We'd only be giving more work to Monken (I assume).

But you could feel it reading every response and hearing everything from everyone. Last week was a breaking point.

I wouldn't do it. Unless we wanna try to get a jump on looking for new GMs/coaches. And even then I don't know how much, if any, contact we can make with anyone.

We could ride it out with Koetter and pick 10th-15th or increase someone's workload and cause a whole mess of panic/conflict within the locker room and pick top eighth.

We didn't even trade a fourth for Clinton-Dix. I can't imagine Licht saw that as too pricey. And Green Bay surely would've preferred ours over Washington's. So maybe the Glazers did nix any trades like that in hopes that Fitz turns this thing around.

It's not over at 3-4. But it's an uphill battle to the playoffs right now.

IMO, last week was the breaking point for several reasons.  I'm glad they didn't get Clinton-Dix because I want Whitehead on the field. Apparently, the coaching staff doesn't because he is doing a rotation with Johnson.  ? I think the Glazers evaluate the entire regime from the off-season to the last game.  Retaining Mike Smith in January was strike one.  There have been others since of course.  Could I see the Glazers give a mandate the regime can't give up future assets to acquire a player at the deadline? Of course, through the entire time of this regime, they 're ability to evaluate players from other teams has been a little questionable.

Barring a miracle turnaround Licht/Koetter are done.  The GM  search will probably begin around Thanksgiving.  I just hope they choose wisely this time.

Over/Under for the game:

Fitz throws for 4 TD

Fitz throws 3 INT

We have 45 pass attempts

2 plays of 60 yards or more

1 DJax completed deep ball

We are sacked 5 times

Jameis replaces Fitz at some point 

D gives up 35 points

We have 50 rushing yards

JPP with 2 sacks 

Defense with 1 Turnover

3 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Fitz throws for 4 TD

Under (3)

Fitz throws 3 INT

Under (1)

We have 45 pass attempts

Under (Carolina runs the ball, so we won't run enough plays to get to 45.)

4 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

2 plays of 60 yards or more

Under (1)

1 DJax completed deep ball

Even

We are sacked 5 times

Under (3)

Jameis replaces Fitz at some point

Nope

D gives up 35 points

Under (28)

5 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

We have 50 rushing yards

Over (70ish)

JPP with 2 sacks

Under (0)

Defense with 1 Turnover

Even (1 fumble recovery)

Over/Under for the game:

Fitz throws for 4 TD: Even - 4

Fitz throws 3 INT: Even - 3

We have 45 pass attempts: Under - 40

2 plays of 60 yards or more: Under - 0

1 DJax completed deep ball: Under - 0 

We are sacked 5 times: Over - 7

Jameis replaces Fitz at some point: Under - Koetter would be fired Monday 

D gives up 35 points: Under - 32

We have 50 rushing yards: Under - 60

JPP with 2 sacks: Even - 2

Defense with 1 Turnover: Under - 0

31 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Over/Under for the game:

Fitz throws for 4 TD: Even - 4

Fitz throws 3 INT: Even - 3

We have 45 pass attempts: Under - 40

2 plays of 60 yards or more: Under - 0

1 DJax completed deep ball: Under - 0 

We are sacked 5 times: Over - 7

Jameis replaces Fitz at some point: Under - Koetter would be fired Monday 

D gives up 35 points: Under - 32

We have 50 rushing yards: Under - 60

JPP with 2 sacks: Even - 2

Defense with 1 Turnover: Under - 0

I agree with you on the Winston is replacing Fitz.  The only chance Koetter has saving his job is Fitz starting the rest of the way and making the playoffs.  Nothing less will save his job.  Even if Winston gets reinstated due to injury or ineffective play by Fitz, Koetter is still finished. Koetter has hitched his head coaching career on Fitzmagic and he only has himself to blame. We 'll see what happens on Sunday. 

5 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I agree with you on the Winston is replacing Fitz.  The only chance Koetter has saving his job is Fitz starting the rest of the way and making the playoffs.  Nothing less will save his job.  Even if Winston gets reinstated due to injury or ineffective play by Fitz, Koetter is still finished. Koetter has hitched his head coaching career on Fitzmagic and he only has himself to blame. We 'll see what happens on Sunday. 

Fitz played a big part in it too. If he didn't blow up to start the season, we'd probably still be starting Jameis since there'd be nowhere to turn.

14 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Fitz played a big part in it too. If he didn't blow up to start the season, we'd probably still be starting Jameis since there'd be nowhere to turn.

Koetter is the head coach in totality. He has failed to this point.  You can t have the worst special teams and defense over a 2 yr span and hope to survive because your offense is very good.  Starting Fitz on Sunday is his last Hail Mary he is playing to save his job.

Archived