? Week 9: Bucs (3-4) @ Panthers (5-2)

bucsfan333

14 minutes ago, indifference said:

I dont see us slowing down Cam. And Panthers should be able to sack Fitzpatrick enough to make us punt. Panthers win by 10 or 14. 

Fitzmagic strikes one more time to excite us again before our hearts are inevitably broken again shortly after.

Such is the way of the Bucs.

6 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Glad to read Beck getting back on the practice field.  Hopefully he can play in a few weeks and see how he looks at MLB.

If he looks as good or slightly better than he did last year, we'll be in a good spot.

I wonder if the best option at punt returner will be back there Sunday.  I don t recall seeing him back there much since Pittsburgh.

I would think the coaching staff that is due or die with otherwise awful special teams would want DJax returning  a lot.  Or is it the player refusing to do it?

I do Humph gets resigned.  I m sure it will be fair deal in relation to other slot guys. Little doubt he busts his butt every play whether special teams, passing, or blocking.  A big mistake if he is let go.

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I wonder if the best option at punt returner will be back there Sunday.  I don t recall seeing him back there much since Pittsburgh.

I would think the coaching staff that is due or die with otherwise awful special teams would want DJax returning  a lot.  Or is it the player refusing to do it?

I do Humph gets resigned.  I m sure it will be fair deal in relation to other slot guys. Little doubt he busts his butt every play whether special teams, passing, or blocking.  A big mistake if he is let go.

I doubt Jackson would be refusing an opportunity to have the ball in his hands.

It was a few seasons ago when Koetter mentioned that the main point of punt return was to ensure you got the ball back and didn’t do anything stupid. Maybe that negative approach is why we’ve got someone sure handed and predictable back there (Humph), rather than someone dynamic and more aggressive in Jackson.

10 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

I doubt Jackson would be refusing an opportunity to have the ball in his hands.

It was a few seasons ago when Koetter mentioned that the main point of punt return was to ensure you got the ball back and didn’t do anything stupid. Maybe that negative approach is why we’ve got someone sure handed and predictable back there (Humph), rather than someone dynamic and more aggressive in Jackson.

I m not sure what the answer is,  It is just odd not to see DJax back there since the Pittsburgh return got negated by the penalty.  Koetter at times has shown more aggressiveness by going for it on 4th down.  In the end, unless this defense gets better then show up in one half, they are not going to win many games.

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

If the Bucs get blown out koetter may be the first Bucs coach ever to be fired in season Monday morning. 

It's possible. There seemed to be a genuine... outrage (?) among everyone after last week. Like enough is enough.

30 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It's possible. There seemed to be a genuine... outrage (?) among everyone after last week. Like enough is enough.

I could be way off base, but I don't see it happening.  Even at 3-5 with 3 home division games left, there is still a chance.  I m not changing my stance that both Licht and Koetter are finished.  Giving the GM a full 5 seasons and Koetter 4 years in the organization suggests to potential candidates ownership will support us,

Archived