? Week 9: Bucs (3-4) @ Panthers (5-2)

bucsfan333

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Then Jameis can get us to 8-8 with cautious optimism again heading into the offseason. ?

Not writing this is you, but I get the Jameis hate.  Also, I need to write his QB coach never held that position at the pro level previously and Koetter never developed a young QB from his rookie year in his career. This organization sure as hell hasn't  done that previously ever. So would I like to see Jameis with a different voice with looking at the talent of rgphis draft- yes.

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Not writing this is you, but I get the Jameis hate.  Also, I need to write his QB coach never held that position at the pro level previously and Koetter never developed a young QB from his rookie year in his career. This organization sure as hell hasn't  done that previously ever. So would I like to see Jameis with a different voice with looking at the talent of rgphis draft- yes.

I think any average to above average QB would be licking there chops to have the Weapons present in tampa. You can trade DJAX and you would still have a potent offense. 

I would take the Andy Dalton type QB who's average that would probably flourish with the weapons here. 

People forget Jameis had one good season as a RS Freshman at Florida State. If you watch him RS Sophomore year to now, he hasn't gotten any better. Florida State had the most talented team and he got away with a lot that year in 13-14 season. 

I don't think coaching is going to change Jameis. His picks aren't scheme wise. They are bad throws and bad decisions. 

Lets not forget Dirk Koetter was the OC of potent Falcons offenses that one, went to an NFC title game so he's not garbage. The next coach would drill the same think he has and that's eliminate TO's. 

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

There's no reason he shouldn't be.

Until you lose the locker room or you are completely out of contention, this is the decision you have to make. But I asked this before to Ira on Joe Bucs Fan. Will Winston's failure cost Dirk his job? Because Dirk's hiring was directly related to the development of Winston and he has somewhat regressed/stayed stagnant. 

32 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Plus, you give yourself an even bigger job of having to develop a QB who declared as a RS sophomore. There are no historic examples of a QB coming out at that stage and succeeding in the NFL, so you don’t have a tested development plan either. Your alternative was a QB from a one read, gimmick offence who hasn’t looked particularly good despite having a good oline and running game to rely on.

We were screwed either way. Should’ve traded the pick to Chip Kelly and watched it all fall apart.

2 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

Plus, you give yourself an even bigger job of having to develop a QB who declared as a RS sophomore. There are no historic examples of a QB coming out at that stage and succeeding in the NFL, so you don’t have a tested development plan either. Your alternative was a QB from a one read, gimmick offence who hasn’t looked particularly good despite having a good oline and running game to rely on.

We were screwed either way. Should’ve traded the pick to Chip Kelly and watched it all fall apart.

It's not like we could have the number one pick with two good QB prospects to choose from and opt for Mike Glennon as our QB. ?

We HAD to take one or the other.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

It's not like we could have the number one pick with two good QB prospects to choose from and opt for Mike Glennon as our QB. ?

I think we got ourselves into that way of thinking - you have to take one or the other, regardless of where they actually sit on your board.

We could’ve picked up a vet if we didn’t like the QB class and we’d have had the haul from Philly anyway. 

Not that it matters now. We picked the higher ceiling, lower floor guy and what’s happened has happened.

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Agreed, I don t have a problem choosing either one.  Watching the Saints game, their offense is balanced.  Go figure.  The wheels have come off for this regime.  Time to move on.  I just can t get excited at the prospect of drafting Will Grier.

26 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I think any average to above average QB would be licking there chops to have the Weapons present in tampa. You can trade DJAX and you would still have a potent offense. 

I would take the Andy Dalton type QB who's average that would probably flourish with the weapons here. 

People forget Jameis had one good season as a RS Freshman at Florida State. If you watch him RS Sophomore year to now, he hasn't gotten any better. Florida State had the most talented team and he got away with a lot that year in 13-14 season. 

I don't think coaching is going to change Jameis. His picks aren't scheme wise. They are bad throws and bad decisions. 

Lets not forget Dirk Koetter was the OC of potent Falcons offenses that one, went to an NFC title game so he's not garbage. The next coach would drill the same think he has and that's eliminate TO's. 

Not to sound like a James homer, but in his second year at FSU, he was asked to carry a team which could have hurt his growth. His negative behavior wasnt corrected in school because he (individually) was talented to the point that  come back in games himself. That confidence was evident even up to this season that he felt he could always come back. This isn't true in the NFL which was hammered in his head to the point that last week he looked like a QB that didn't want to be on the field.

Speaking of Dirk Kotter not forget that Matt Ryan didn't have his best year until they got Kyle Shanahan, and that Koetter was able to work directly with Ryan during his time. He also was able to have a real veteran back up as a mentor in Matt Schaub while he was developing as a young  QB. Who was Winston's mentor  when he first got here, Mike Glennon (who was a young QB that still hasn't figured out the league) and Ryan Fitzpatrick, a QB that has stated that he would not be interested in helping out a young QB. 

Has Winston done himself any favors not really, but there also was an organizational failure from the time he was first drafted.

5 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

I think we got ourselves into that way of thinking - you have to take one or the other, regardless of where they actually sit on your board.

We could’ve picked up a vet if we didn’t like the QB class and we’d have had the haul from Philly anyway. 

Not that it matters now. We picked the higher ceiling, lower floor guy and what’s happened has happened.

But both Jameis and Mariota were good prospects. It's not like we were deciding between two scrubs. If it was a situation like next year's draft appears to be, sure. Trade back if none of the QBs look worthwhile. But it's not often you get the number one pick. And it's even more rare to have your choice between two of the best players in the draft that happen to be QBs.

8 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

But both Jameis and Mariota were good prospects. It's not like we were deciding between two scrubs. If it was a situation like next year's draft appears to be, sure. Trade back if none of the QBs look worthwhile. But it's not often you get the number one pick. And it's even more rare to have your choice between two of the best players in the draft that happen to be QBs.

Plus Titans made the playoffs with a QB with more INTs then TDs.  The QB position has been a problem, but the main issue for the lack of wins I can t go there.  Koetter s defense has been awful during his entire tenure, not even close to average.  Btw, that describes the kicking game too.  I just think over drafting a QB in this draft is going to set the franchise back further.

Archived