? Week 9: Bucs (3-4) @ Panthers (5-2)

bucsfan333

12 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Probably not for 30 snaps. Hopefully we can trade Brate this offseason to clear some cap space and give Howard a full go.

Pats made 2 TEs work for years, I m okay keeping Brate. The outside WR is the glut position right now that needs to be thinned.

5 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Pats made 2 TEs work for years, I m okay keeping Brate. The outside WR is the glut position right now that needs to be thinned.

He's the sixth option right now. I don't think he'd be missed much. It's not like he blocks or anything.

22 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

He's the sixth option right now. I don't think he'd be missed much. It's not like he blocks or anything.

your assuming the same structure of the offense next year.  Even with Brate, total cap hit for the position is around 10 million.  They go after a Harbaugh or someone from the Reid tree, they like 2 TEs.  Auclair is extremely average to me who makes mental errors at the wrong time.  

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

your assuming the same structure of the offense next year.  Even with Brate, total cap hit for the position is around 10 million.  They go after a Harbaugh or someone from the Reid tree, they like 2 TEs.  Auclair is extremely average to me who makes mental errors at the wrong time.  

Nah. I get the idea of two TE sets. But the teams that run them the most only run them like 30% of the time.

9 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

Brate is solid but is no longer needed. Looks like he is the 12th highest paid TE right now. Not extreme but we can use that cap space for other needs. Brate should be an easy move as well.

12 personnel is good in theory but we only see Howard and Brate together on first downs when we want to try run the ball. Brate is a good player but we need to allocate funds elsewhere. We have holes everywhere on defense. David, JPP, and Evans only starters worth bringing back next season. Stewart will be back too but Im referring to non rookies.

25 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

Brate is solid but is no longer needed. Looks like he is the 12th highest paid TE right now. Not extreme but we can use that cap space for other needs. Brate should be an easy move as well.

Yeah. We got a steal with his contract. I doubt many teams would be turned off by it.

It’s always interesting when you get a new regime, especially GM with that. I expect a lot of Licht’s players to be moved over the next 3 years but as long as that doesn’t include guys like Evans, Godwin, Howard (who should be studs for a long time) I’m cool with that. Basically don’t take the Gruden approach. 

I could see the Saints dropping off when Brees retires and Carolina slowing once they lose some key defensive players due to age and Cam not being able to run as much as he gets older. Either way it’s going to be a competitive division but we could definitely be in the thick of it with some of the young talent we have if new FO comes in and makes decent moves.

8 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Yeah. We got a steal with his contract. I doubt many teams would be turned off by it.

I get the argument and respect it.  It just seems like such a Bucs thing to cut dead weight, which there is plenty on this roster and throw in a good player for free also.  I guess if they could get a 2nd rounder for Brate, ok.  

Quick math in my mind, I come up with 48 million roughly cutting vets who are certainly not playing to their contract.  And this money doesn t even include Winston.  I think it is not a badge of honor the team doesn t use signing bonuses.  For me, it just means they don t have enough good players. Appreciate the discussion on this dreadful Monday.

Archived