Trade Deadline Thread - DT To Houston for 4th Rd pick and 7th rd swap

Broncofan

1 minute ago, broncofan48 said:

Any rumblings out there?  My access to Twitter and everything is very limited at work, as is cell service so this page is my go to for news haha

Ben Allbright who is usually fairly in touch thinks the Broncos are done. Just not getting offers as it seems teams are content to sit tight. We'll see what happens, but my guess is we may be done. 

5 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

Any rumblings out there?  My access to Twitter and everything is very limited at work, as is cell service so this page is my go to for news haha

4 minutes ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

Ben Allbright who is usually fairly in touch thinks the Broncos are done. Just not getting offers as it seems teams are content to sit tight. We'll see what happens, but my guess is we may be done. 

Yeah Renck only said there were teams that could use a pass rusher not that anyone called.   

Well 20 mins post deadline seems like we are done.   Disappointed we could not get Ray dealt as I don’t think we get a great comp pick back but bring hurt made that iffy.   Roby has a better chance of getting an end of 4th/5th in 2020 (but also depends on what we spend).   

Still, if you told me a month ago we could get a 4th for DT I’d have been thrilled.  Like the others I’m sad to see him go but also glad he can say goodbye this weekend and he gets to play with a great QB.  And HOU’s 88M 2010 cap space and Fuller’s uncertain ETA post-ACL recovery means even though it’s a bad value they might keep him for 2019.   So win-win all the way around.  

BTW while you never wish for injury, we were really the big beneficiaries from the Will Fuller ACL injury, if Allbright's report is true.

Remember when I said I'd take a 5th?  If push came to shove, man, just to clear the 4.5M and get more PT for Hamilton in 3-WR sets and Sutton in the X, it might have been worth a 6th (plus, losing to HOU can only help our draft position, small gain, but every little bit helps when it comes to the future). 

To get a 4th was just a gift.

I hope Elway at least puts in a waiver claim - Brown has been awful this year, but he was actually decent last year, and let's face it, if it's RT, if it's swing T, or if it's G, we could use the help long-term (he's a UFA at end of year, but obviously if he sticks with us, maybe he signs cheaply on a prove-it deal, liking his chances with us to get paid down the line).

ARI & BUF have worse records and could put in a claim to beat us, but we should at least have our claim in.    Free shot, cheap.  Why not?

Archived