Week 9 - Rams @ Saints

RamRod

So how do we match up in this game? Their pass defense is ranked 28...seems like Mcvay could feast on that. Outside of that, will our interior pass rush be able to pressure Brees enough to slow that offense?

I gotta be honest I'm not that impressed with the saints. I feel like they have beat some really meh teams with Minnesota being the best out of them and that felt like a fluke. Am I wrong?

Edit: I know you can only beat the people put in front of you and people are saying we haven't had the toughest schedule either. However I do feel like we have more notable wins honestly.

This should be a fun shootout to watch in a dome. I just hope Kupp is at full strength, I think a lot will ride on the health of his knee for us on offense. Since NO has no game film on Fowler, hopefully Wade Phillips can find some ways to pressure Brees with him. 

Nearly everyone is picking the Saints to win. Vegas has the Saints favored. I think the worst thing that could happen to the Saints is to have a Rams team coming off a game where they didnt play well. It would be one thing if the Rams beatdown the Packers and walked into the Saints game as if it was just another game. The Rams understand they survived the game against the Packers. They wasnt nearly their best. Not only that but the Rams are getting Kupp back. The Saints defensively struggle in two areas. One is covering the slot receiver which is Kupp. The other area is the Saints give up way too many 20+ yard passing plays. The Rams are 2nd in the NFL in that category. I mentioned this heading into the Niners game, when the Rams are coming off their lowest point total from the previous game, they usually average just over 19ppg more the next week. They scored 23pts against the Broncos, they scored 39pts against the Niners the following week. They scored 29pts against the Packers (which was their 2nd lowest points scored this season) so by the trend, they should score 48pts. Now I dont think the Rams will score 48pts. I do think they will score at least 35pts. 

On the flip side, they say styles make fights. You would think the Saints will run the ball heavily. If you follow the Rams/Saints history since Payton/Brees got there, they pass alot in those games. That feeds into the hands of the Rams who want to rush the passer. Brees has been sacked alot of times against the Rams as a result. I dont know how much Fowler will play but one has to assume he will be on the field during pass rush situations so you add him to Brockers, Donald, and Suh like if Brees and company do what they have normally done against the Rams and thats pass the ball alot, it could be a long day for the Saints. Of course Brees will have is numbers in the end but the Saints will lose because even when the Rams was bad they were beating the Saints with that strategy. Last season was the first time the Rams was good facing Payton/Brees and the Rams controlled that game from start to finish. 

Overall its going to be a good game but the Rams are coming in focused as usual but I think a little bit more on point because of the struggles they had against the Packers. Thats not going to benefit the Saints at all.

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

I've been nervous for us the last 3 weeks about us losing to inferior opponents and caught up in the hype, but I feel good about this game. Rams will be highly motivated and want to make a statement that they are the best in the league. 31-17 Rams. 

how i feel.. Maybe this is the game where marcus peters actually shows he's alive.

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I've been nervous for us the last 3 weeks about us losing to inferior opponents and caught up in the hype, but I feel good about this game. Rams will be highly motivated and want to make a statement that they are the best in the league. 31-17 Rams. 

Yeah I agree. I've been nervous for a while....but I'm oddly confident in this one. I think the media and Vegas picking the saints over us is gonna motivate our boys to no end. I mean we are 8-0 and we are hardly getting the credit that the saints are. 

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I’d be pleasantly surprised if we only allowed 17 points. I think both teams could score 30+.

I’m honestly a little worried about what Michael Thomas could do to Peters.

I expect a very tough game. They’re playing well on offense and the Dome is a fairly loud place to play but we’ve handled noise well in the past. The thing that makes it interesting is looking at some metrics they’ve played the easiest schedule in the league with us at 21st. I fully expect both teams to score

11 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

I expect a very tough game. They’re playing well on offense and the Dome is a fairly loud place to play but we’ve handled noise well in the past. The thing that makes it interesting is looking at some metrics they’ve played the easiest schedule in the league with us at 21st. I fully expect both teams to score

What metric? 

I fully expect us to lose this game. It will probably be high scoring, but with Kupp returning I don't know how the Saints will be able to stop your offense (as if they were going to be able to before). I'm really not looking forward to P.J Williams getting burnt all game long. 

Best of luck this week. Let's hope for a good game with no injuries. Maybe we pull one out of our a** and hand you guys your first lose of the season. :P

Vinovich is reffing this game. We'll have to beat the Saints and the refs. The Rams haven't won a game he's reffed since 2006. He's a malicious turd of a ref. Now that Triplette retired, he's #1 on my list of most hated refs.

Archived