Week 9 - Rams @ Saints

RamRod

On 10/31/2018 at 10:12 AM, Riftty said:

I mean we are 8-0 and we are hardly getting the credit that the saints are. 

I don't understand where you guys get this from.  Almost everybody thinks the Rams are the best team in the league by a comfortable margin, including Saints fans.

6 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I don't understand where you guys get this from.  Almost everybody thinks the Rams are the best team in the league by a comfortable margin, including Saints fans.

We hear a lot of "Rams haven't beaten any worthy opponents" Greenberg was quoted as saying "Rams are a paper tiger" ECT. 

24 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

We hear it every week and you can see a few people in your sub talking about it this week. Every week we haven't beaten anybody we aren't really that good. Doesn't matter what common opponents results are.

5 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

We hear it every week and you can see a few people in your sub talking about it this week. Every week we haven't beaten anybody we aren't really that good. Doesn't matter what common opponents results are.

There's always gonna be some haters.  But I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people realize that the Rams are the best team in the league.

Saints defense isn't anywhere near good enough to slow down the Rams.  We've been a great run defense, but Rams are the number 1 rushing team.  Our pass defense is awful though, and there's no way we won't get lit up in the secondary. On top of that, Rams defense is capable of slowing Saints offense down.  If Donald is in Brees face all day, we're gonna lose.

Its finally game day and that means I will give my predictions for the game.

As I have been saying before this game, I think the two games that I was intrigued with the most was the Packers game last week and the Week 11 game in Mexico City against the Chiefs. Everyone is saying this game against the Saints is the most dangerous. I dont see it. Will it be a good game? Yes. It wont shock me if the Rams lost today. The reason though I am confident in this game for the Rams is because they say styles make fights. The Rams matchup well with the Saints. They always have over the years even when they were bad. Brees is 3-5 in his career against the Rams. 

With that being said, I have the Rams winning 38-31. 

Goff - 380yds passing and 3tds

Gurley - 80yds rushing and 2tds; 5 catches and 50yds receiving

Kupp - 7 catches 110yds and 1td

Cooks - 6 catches 130yds and 2tds

Woods - 6 catches 90yds

The defense sacks Brees 3 times. Donald of course gets at least one of those sacks. The defense also forces 2 takeaways. The Rams are up two scores and the Saints get a late td to get the game within a td but thats just window dressing to make the score look closer at the end. Just like it was last season when the Rams were up 26-13 before the Saints got a late td to make the score 26-20 and it look alot closer than what it really was at towards the end of the game. 

The defense is getting lit up today. I agree with the commentary that the coverage has been good but the Rams just have to make the plays. I believe the Rams defense will play better in the 2nd half because they are really good at making adjustments. Cant hold Brees and the offense down for long so if the Rams defense makes a few stops they need to score. As for the offense, its been really good. I dont blame that interception on Goff. It was a great play by the defender. I thought momentum swung big time after the refs screwed the Rams on that 4th down. Hekker got that 1st down clearly. I just chalk that up to homefield advantage for the Saints. The Rams need to get Gurley going in the 2nd half. This 2nd half is going to say alot about this team. Remember KC was down and struggling against the Pats in NE and came back and nearly won. So lets see if the Rams can do the same but except actually win. 

Bummer. Still feel like we’re better. 

Any and all experience we could soak up before the playoffs is much appreciated. 

Kind of loss that could fuel a team into firing at all cylinders.. But my gosh is Marcus Peters useless. Dude is trying to be sold at a high prices, despite the word free next to him...

Get it together man. Youve been aweful with Yards and penalties. 

Just now, NVRamsFan said:

I'm proud of this team. They showed fight and they came back. It's not easy winning on the road vs a playoff team with a HOF QB. It gets especially hard when you have to play against the referees like we did today. On to Seattle!

Yes! The defense in the second half has been elite thru out the year.. If only the first half could catch up.. But every worse case scenario for us happened and still barely lost. Really proud and excited. Usually after Ls I feel crappy and terrible and have no desire to rewatch the condensed version. But this is very promising. 

I dont like losing BUT I come away feeling like most people felt about the Chiefs losing to the Pats in New England. The Rams fell behind in the 1st half, just like the Chiefs did, and dug themselves out of a big hole to give themselves a shot to win in the 4th quarter. At the end of the day thats all you can ask for. The defense can play ALOT better but they held the Saints to 10pts in the entire 2nd half. I continue to love the adjustments the coaches make at halftime. Thats how the Rams got back into this game. Tough loss BUT I know the Rams are going to respond because the Rams under McVay hasnt lost back to back games with Goff as the starter. So Seattle better be ready next week. I still feel great about the Rams getting the 1 seed too because their schedule is way more favorable than the Saints moving forward. The Saints needed this win in the worst way and they got it. They couldnt afford to lose and be behind 3 games to the Rams in the conference. 

Archived