Week 9 - Rams @ Saints

RamRod

17 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

I'm proud of this team. They showed fight and they came back. It's not easy winning on the road vs a playoff team with a HOF QB. It gets especially hard when you have to play against the referees like we did today. On to Seattle!

Don't tell NFL Gen that. We all know this crew and their history. They should not ref another Rams game.

Yeah I didn't want to say anything in general chat. But that crew straight hates us. In fact, besides the balant unsportsmanlike conduct, I don't remember any calls going our way.

Oh well the positive is we showed resolve and resilience in the face of a blow out. There is still a lot of season left we are very much contenders.

The negatives is we need Talib back asap. Wow is Peters getting wrecked... I think he will be a good number 2 once Talib is back but he has proven he can't hang with the number 1s.

Good news is a win at home next week all bit locks up the division and we no longer have the burnden of being undeafted. 

Just now, Riftty said:

Yeah I didn't want to say anything in general chat. But that crew straight hates us. In fact, besides the balant unsportsmanlike conduct, I don't remember any calls going our way.

Oh well the positive is we showed resolve and resilience in the face of a blow out. There is still a lot of season left we are very much contenders.

The negatives is we need Talib back asap. Wow is Peters getting wrecked... I think he will be a good number 2 once Talib is back but he has proven he can't hang with the number 1s.

Good news is a win at home next week all bit locks up the division and we no longer have the burnden of being undeafted. 

The only penalty I recall being called on them was the one on Apple against Woods in the endzone

1 hour ago, Riftty said:

I'll take the bullet there. No reason for more "biased" Rams fans to die on that hill. Some people would prefer to live in a world where the refs are fair to everyone.

Just wanted to say the Rams despite a tough loss today are a hell of a football team. Really like how Goff has developed the past couple years. The anticipation he had on some of his throws was crazy putting the ball where it needed to be before the WR was even out of their break. Hoping to see a rematch in the playoffs as I feel these are likely the 2 best teams in the NFC. Will be interesting to see how Talib matches up against Michael Thomas as he likely handles Thomas's physicality better than Peters, and if getting Davenport back helps us generate any pressure on Goff. 

19 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Uuuuhhh loss feels worse today because I felt we should have won... Let’s go rammies strong some wins together. 

Dont feel bad. Im from Louisiana about an hour away from NO with a bunch of Saints fans and I feel great today. People around me know both teams are great and it was a great game. They also know the Saints needed this game badly. No way the Saints get the 1 seed had they lost. Not to mention we Louisianians have to have something to cheer about because LSU Tigers got beat down by Bama AGAIN. So I told my friend I am happy for that reason because I would hate to see how things wouldve been had both LSU and the Saints lost at home in big games on the same weekend. But yeah I am not feeling bad at all. Our schedule is more favorable than the Saints. Despite this loss I still think the Rams get HFA and the one thing I wanted to see from the Rams I saw against the Saints. I wanted to see the Rams down big on the road in a hostile environment. I wanted to see them fight back to give themselves a chance. I was talking to my friend who was at the game. He was texting me talking smack when the Saints was up 35-14. I didnt hear a peep from him when the Rams made their comeback to tie 35-35. He had no excuse why the Saints couldnt stop the Rams from coming back. I told him, the Rams came from down 21pts on the road with Gurley having a bad game. Dont expect Gurley to have another bad game if the Rams face the Saints again. Im not worried if the Rams have to go back to the Superdome in the playoffs. I think it will be a different story just because Talib will be back, Fowler will be the full-time starter or at least will be able to make more an impact and most importantly Gurley will have a better game. So Im not feeling bad today. Just like the Chiefs losing at New England and people felt encouraged. I feel the same way about the Rams today after losing at New Orleans. 

4 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Dont feel bad. Im from Louisiana about an hour away from NO with a bunch of Saints fans and I feel great today. People around me know both teams are great and it was a great game. They also know the Saints needed this game badly. No way the Saints get the 1 seed had they lost. Not to mention we Louisianians have to have something to cheer about because LSU Tigers got beat down by Bama AGAIN. So I told my friend I am happy for that reason because I would hate to see how things wouldve been had both LSU and the Saints lost at home in big games on the same weekend. But yeah I am not feeling bad at all. Our schedule is more favorable than the Saints. Despite this loss I still think the Rams get HFA and the one thing I wanted to see from the Rams I saw against the Saints. I wanted to see the Rams down big on the road in a hostile environment. I wanted to see them fight back to give themselves a chance. I was talking to my friend who was at the game. He was texting me talking smack when the Saints was up 35-14. I didnt hear a peep from him when the Rams made their comeback to tie 35-35. He had no excuse why the Saints couldnt stop the Rams from coming back. I told him, the Rams came from down 21pts on the road with Gurley having a bad game. Dont expect Gurley to have another bad game if the Rams face the Saints again. Im not worried if the Rams have to go back to the Superdome in the playoffs. I think it will be a different story just because Talib will be back, Fowler will be the full-time starter or at least will be able to make more an impact and most importantly Gurley will have a better game. So Im not feeling bad today. Just like the Chiefs losing at New England and people felt encouraged. I feel the same way about the Rams today after losing at New Orleans. 

There's NO WAY they beat us a 2nd time with Talib back.  Talib was the difference maker in that game.....and it was a shocker to not see more sacks from our defense.  Next time it'll be a different story.  Rams are still the best team in the NFL

6 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

There's NO WAY they beat us a 2nd time with Talib back.  Talib was the difference maker in that game.....and it was a shocker to not see more sacks from our defense.  Next time it'll be a different story.  Rams are still the best team in the NFL

Well, yeah, there is.

I would fancy our chances in a rematch with a healthy Talib as well, but if decision (I'm not even talking premeditated, just the way the cookie crumbles or something being missed - which can happen - or an official being hesitant to "have a major impact on a game" - which happens A LOT, especially in playoff games) gives McVay reason to pause on being aggressive, and particularly if it happens early in the game like it did yesterday, I can very easily see the same result occurring again.  That's the nature of the beast when you're playing a high-powered offense led by a future HOF QB (who is having an MVP-worthy season) and your team doesn't tackle well across the board.

35 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Well, yeah, there is.

I would fancy our chances in a rematch with a healthy Talib as well, but if decision (I'm not even talking premeditated, just the way the cookie crumbles or something being missed - which can happen - or an official being hesitant to "have a major impact on a game" - which happens A LOT, especially in playoff games) gives McVay reason to pause on being aggressive, and particularly if it happens early in the game like it did yesterday, I can very easily see the same result occurring again.  That's the nature of the beast when you're playing a high-powered offense led by a future HOF QB (who is having an MVP-worthy season) and your team doesn't tackle well across the board.

You are right that the Saints could still beat the Rams with Talib BUT I would LOVE the Rams chances to win. Talib in the secondary gives the secondary stability and it helps Peters gain that confidence knowing that he doesnt have to do more than he should be doing because he has another talented corner opposite of him who knows what Wade wants. Thats why Talib was made captain of the team. Like he is the leader. His presence is going to make the Rams secondary feared again. I believe if the Rams played the Saints again but with Talib he would stick on Thomas because Talib is more physically equip and smart enough to deal with Thomas better. 

Archived