Sign in to follow this  
49erurtaza

Broncos finalizing trade Demaryius Thomas to Texans for 4th rounder

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

They have over 100 million in space next year, I think. If they want all three of those guys next year, tehy can certainly have them. 

Around 80ish mil I believe.  Thomas had 14 mil owe in 2019. 

Like the trade.  Gives Watson another weapon and puts less pressure on Coutee to deliver coming back from injury. 

3 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Around 80ish mil I believe.  Thomas had 14 mil owe in 2019. 

Like the trade.  Gives Watson another weapon and puts less pressure on Coutee to deliver coming back from injury. 

I was including the roll over from this year. I have you guys around 88 next year alone, give or take, but you're also nearly 25 million under the cap this year (closer to 20 million now with DT and his salary on books for the rest of the season) 

Sad day as a Denver fan. Partly because we moved on from a great WR and even better person in DT.

But its also really sad that this trade was necessary to begin with. Denver and Houston were in similar positions a few years ago after the DEN Super Bowl win, but Houston managed to find a QB and some other nice young guys, and now they are trending up.

Denver is a totally uninspiring group (With a few bright spots, mostly from 2018 draft) with no direction and the least entertaining QB in the league latched on our backs at 18M for another 1.5 seasons like a rabid howler monkey, a 37 year old penalty obsessed OT who has the pass protect technique of someone with schizophrenia and a coach that inspires as much confidence as the Childrens Crusades.

Edited by BroncosFan2010

These two teams conveniently play each other this week

1 minute ago, RamRod said:

These two teams conveniently play each other this week

I highly doubt Thomas is active - he'd have to learn that playbook right out the gates.

More thoughts coming soon.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I highly doubt Thomas is active - he'd have to learn that playbook right out the gates.

More thoughts coming soon.

Don't you threaten me, good sir! 

Wow, awesome for Texans and Hopkins. He’s no Willy from Philly at this point, but he is at least a consistent body you have to account for.

8 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

The 7th round pick swap seems odd to me

A little extra something Denver has to give up, I guess. Denver's 7th will be higher than Houston's, obviously. Perhaps the Texans felt he was worth slightly less than a 4th rounder to them.

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

A little extra something Denver has to give up, I guess. Denver's 7th will be higher than Houston's, obviously. Perhaps the Texans felt he was worth slightly less than a 4th rounder to them.

The only 7th they have that isn't conditional is LAR I believe...

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

The $17+MM cap hit next year I'm guessing. Salute to DT, one of the most under appreciated receivers of the past decade. Shame he hasn't had a QB since 2014. 

Just now, .Buzz said:

The only 7th they have that isn't conditional is LAR I believe...

Hm, that's indeed strange, then. In that case, it's something additional the Texans are giving up for Thomas. Either way, the swap of a 7th is pretty irrelevant.