Golden Tate traded to Eagles

49erurtaza

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

This one's a bit of a shocker. Lions just traded for Snacks because they felt they had a chance at the playoffs... one loss causes them to jettison one of Stafford's favorite targets?

Meh. Tate's value is in the slot and i suspect Theo Riddick and TJ Jones will cover his loss fairly well.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Good deal for both side, at least from a logic perspective. Curious what that means for the Iggles though - aren't they stacked with largely slot receivers? Algholor, Matthews...aren't they slot exclusive? 

Yeah I'm not sure what the plan is. Agholor has only found success in slot. I assume we are going to hope Tate can operate on the outside? Or maybe have him and Nelly split slot duties. Either way, it's an upgrade in the slot if that means pushing Nelly to the outside. J-Matt probably belongs on the bench lol.

Would have preferred Eagles get a speed WR like DJax, but any WR talent is welcomed.

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's a solid move to make to be honest, especially if they weren't going to re-sign him. 

More so disappointed we didn’t land him. But a 3rd rounder for 8 games is too rich for my liking so I don’t blame Robinson for standing pat.

Just now, dtait93 said:

More so disappointed we didn’t land him. But a 3rd rounder for 8 games is too rich for my liking so I don’t blame Robinson for standing pat.

Your name always throws me off. I always think you are a Lions fan

I'm not a big fan of this trade for the Eagles.  If they can make the playoffs, it'll definitely look a lot better in my eyes, but they have a rough schedule the rest of the way (Redskins 2x, @ Rams, @ Saints; Cowboys and Texans won't be push-overs either) and are already 4-4, which means they will more than likely be stuck trying to win the division as opposed to getting a wild-card.

Tate is on an expiring contract and will be 31 before 2019.  No reason yet to think Tate can't still be productive for a couple of more years, but I don't think he'll be worth to the Eagles whatever contract he's looking for.  Plus I'm not sold receiver was the root of their problems (not great, but not bad - esp when you have Jeffrey and Ertz), but Eagles fans would know more than me on that end.

Archived