Golden Tate traded to Eagles

49erurtaza

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Depends on the team.  I would have been mad if a team like the Texans did it.  Eagles when healthy can be a SB contender.  Trading a 3rd don't really matter for them.

If he leaves after this year and the Eagles don't repeat, it will be a pretty bad trade.

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

Depends on the team.  I would have been mad if a team like the Texans did it.  Eagles when healthy can be a SB contender.  Trading a 3rd don't really matter for them.

Even when healthy I wouldn’t take them over the Saints, Rams, Panthers. That OL and defense regressed this season.

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Realistically we're not in position to win the Super Bowl this season. So ultimately this will prove to nothing in the end except giving away assets.

1 minute ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Hoowwwwiiiieeee!

I like it but a 3rd rounder seems pretty high for a rental. Hopefully we can get something done longterm. But yeah, I'm pretty amped right now.

I think the market was skewed by Dallas's stupidity tbh.

Teams were likely asking for the moon for their WRs.

Tate is still a very good receiver. And Agholor has not been playing anywhere near the level he'd need to justify not upgrading the position just because it means moving him (Agholor) outside. 

I like this trade a lot. Tate is 30, sure, but he's still very much playing at his best. He is a monster after the catch, which is something we really needed at receiver. AN and Ertz aren't exactly known for their YAC.

Now we have someone who can take a quick throw and turn it into a big gain.

Compare him to what Agholor has been this year (not great), and Jordan Matthews who basically just catches the ball and runs sideways out of bounds or gets tackled immediately. It's night and day

26 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

Lions fans... how is tate? 

Heart and soul.

He will be missed in Detroit.

With the emergence of Golladay, Tate has been mostly in the slot. He can play outside but he’s really amazing in the slot. He’s a competitor every snap. He’s been at or near the top of the league in YAC for a few seasons now.  

Im not happy about the trade but know why they made it. Tate has been incredibly valuable to Detroit.

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

eagles are the defending champs.  its worth the risk to make this type of move to try and repeat.  Texans aren't a sb contender.

Nah, because that would justify any move that any SB contender makes. Good teams stay good because they make smart decisions.

If Philly doesn’t extend him (which I bet they will) then it’s a 3rd for an 8-game rental. That’s not good, no matter which team is writing the checks.

Archived