Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
49erurtaza

Golden Tate traded to Eagles

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

eagles are the defending champs.  its worth the risk to make this type of move to try and repeat.  Texans aren't a sb contender.

Kind of an odd move to make though. They aren't struggling because of lack of passing options. Wentz is playing really well and he's got Ertz, Jeffery, Agholor, Goedert to throw to. The problem for the Eagles on offense has been lack of a running game with underwhelming backs and poor protection that coincides with Lane Johnson and Jason Peters being dinged up a lot. Unless they want to make Tate a RB, which might actually work as he is super good with the ball in his hands, I don't see how this is the baseball trade move to get them over the hump. It's like if the Red Sox made a trade for an outfielder before the trade deadline. Tate is a really good player and adding really good players is good, but this could definitely be a terrible trade if he leaves after this season and the Eagles don't repeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Kind of an odd move to make though. They aren't struggling because of lack of passing options. Wentz is playing really well and he's got Ertz, Jeffery, Agholor, Goedert to throw to. The problem for the Eagles on offense has been lack of a running game with underwhelming backs and poor protection that coincides with Lane Johnson and Jason Peters being dinged up a lot. Unless they want to make Tate a RB, which might actually work as he is super good with the ball in his hands, I don't see how this is the baseball trade move to get them over the hump. It's like if the Red Sox made a trade for an outfielder before the trade deadline. Tate is a really good player and adding really good players is good, but this could definitely be a terrible trade if he leaves after this season and the Eagles don't repeat.

I just don't see this logic.

It's a third round pick, people. Our best player we've gotten in the third is Jordan Hicks. 

Ertz, Jeffrey, Agholor, Goedert...what do they all have in common? They were taken in the first or second round..

Cox, Jenkins, Darby, Graham, Barnett.....What about them? What round were they drafted in? 

Sorry, but I just find it laughable how so many people are stuck in the past when looking at draft picks, namely 3rd round or later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, INbengalfan said:

Marvin Jones FINALLY gets his wish to be a #1.  Let's see how this works out.

Kenny Golliday might actually take on that spot...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I'm not a big fan of this trade for the Eagles.  If they can make the playoffs, it'll definitely look a lot better in my eyes, but they have a rough schedule the rest of the way (Redskins 2x, @ Rams, @ Saints; Cowboys and Texans won't be push-overs either) and are already 4-4, which means they will more than likely be stuck trying to win the division as opposed to getting a wild-card.

Tate is on an expiring contract and will be 31 before 2019.  No reason yet to think Tate can't still be productive for a couple of more years, but I don't think he'll be worth to the Eagles whatever contract he's looking for.  Plus I'm not sold receiver was the root of their problems (not great, but not bad - esp when you have Jeffrey and Ertz), but Eagles fans would know more than me on that end.

Definitely not a home run trade yeah

But one of our biggest holes is a playmaker, someone who can take a ball and make something happen.
Tate has been the best in the league statistically at yards after catch since he came into the league.
Having a guy like that, that can get open, will be welcomed with open arms by one of the leagues top QBs at extending the play.

I think the eagles are better than the rest of our division, we win those 5 we are 9-4...we could win it there. But if they get 1 or more wins against the Saints/Rams/Texans then we likely have the division. and really when you look at it the NFC outside of the Rams, Saints and Panthers is pretty lowly. Getting a wildcard isn't crazy, no one seems poised for a run better than the Eagles. We'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

I just don't see this logic.

It's a third round pick, people. Our best player we've gotten in the third is Jordan Hicks. 

Ertz, Jeffrey, Agholor, Goedert...what do they all have in common? They were taken in the first or second round..

Cox, Jenkins, Darby, Graham, Barnett.....What about them? What round were they drafted in? 

Sorry, but I just find it laughable how so many people are stuck in the past when looking at draft picks, namely 3rd round or later. 

His logic was that the Eagles added a pass catcher to a team that already had pretty good pass catchers. How does your post address that in any way?

Even then: What about Jason Peters? Brandon Brooks? Jason Kelce? Jay Ajayi? Rodney McLeod? Nigel Bradham? Michael Bennett? Corey Clement? Darren Sproles? 

You can use the same logic with any draft pick. You could name dozens and dozens of hits or dozens and dozens of busts, in any round. 

Picks tend to get a little overvalued, but a third isn’t fodder like a 7th or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Kind of an odd move to make though. They aren't struggling because of lack of passing options. Wentz is playing really well and he's got Ertz, Jeffery, Agholor, Goedert to throw to. The problem for the Eagles on offense has been lack of a running game with underwhelming backs and poor protection that coincides with Lane Johnson and Jason Peters being dinged up a lot. Unless they want to make Tate a RB, which might actually work as he is super good with the ball in his hands, I don't see how this is the baseball trade move to get them over the hump. It's like if the Red Sox made a trade for an outfielder before the trade deadline. Tate is a really good player and adding really good players is good, but this could definitely be a terrible trade if he leaves after this season and the Eagles don't repeat.

I could see them using him in some running plays, some jet sweeps yeah.

We've lacked YAC/playmaking ability this year...I assume that's what they coveted in Tate.
None of our other guys do that. We have Alshon and Ertz who will go out and catch what's thrown to them, but if we had someone other than Wentz extending the play all year and we are likely sitting here at at least 6-2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yin-Yang said:

His logic was that the Eagles added a pass catcher to a team that already had pretty good pass catchers. How does your post address that in any way?

Even then: What about Jason Peters? Brandon Brooks? Jason Kelce? Jay Ajayi? Rodney McLeod? Nigel Bradham? Michael Bennett? Corey Clement? Darren Sproles? 

You can use the same logic with any draft pick. You could name dozens and dozens of hits or dozens and dozens of busts, in any round. 

Picks tend to get a little overvalued, but a third isn’t fodder like a 7th or something.

Yeah uh that logic also is stupid then.

We have great pass catchers? We are incredibly top heavy with Ertz and Jeffrey. Goedert is very talented but still a rookie and limited in the offense right now. Agholor has been a huge disappointment. 

We literally had no WR who you can call even average outside of Jeffrey and 2017 Nelson Agholor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

Yeah uh that logic also is stupid then.

We have great pass catchers? We are incredibly top heavy with Ertz and Jeffrey. Goedert is very talented but still a rookie and limited in the offense right now. Agholor has been a huge disappointment. 

We literally had no WR who you can call even average outside of Jeffrey and 2017 Nelson Agholor

Okay, but how does your response to him address that at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

His logic was that the Eagles added a pass catcher to a team that already had pretty good pass catchers. How does your post address that in any way?

Even then: What about Jason Peters?

We traded for him

 

 

 

Brandon Brooks?

we signed him as a FA

Jason Kelce?

Yes

Jay Ajayi?

We traded for him. And what round was he taken in? The 2nd right?

 

Rodney McLeod?

Free agent addition. And he's out for the season.

Nigel Bradham? Michael Bennett? Corey Clement? Darren Sproles? 

jesus dude. Sproles hasn't played one meaningful snap in 2 years. And either way, minus Clement who isn't even close to the level of guys like Ertz or AJ, NONE of the ones you listed were drafted by OUR TEAM. 

You can use the same logic with any draft pick. You could name dozens and dozens of hits or dozens and dozens of busts, in any round. 

Picks tend to get a little overvalued, but a third isn’t fodder like a 7th or something.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yin-Yang said:

Okay, but how does your response to him address that at all?

I addressed it in my most recent post.

The fact that you think we have some talented group of playmakers at receiver just because we have AJ and Ertz is laughable, as it is when anyone else tries to say so.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yin-Yang said:

Okay, but how does your response to him address that at all?

It's not worth the effort dude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

It's not worth the effort dude

What effort?

Are you saying that Nelson Aghor, Jordan Matthews, and the other no names at WR on our team are any better than "bad"? Agholor is living off his one year last season. Every other game in his career including this year suggests he is in fact not very good at all.

We haven't had a WR with Tate's playmaking ability after the catch pretty much ever in my lifetime. Not this decade at least

 

Edited by BAConrad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×