WR Golden Tate to the Eagles for a 3rd

eagles18

Like I've said before I think DP is going full 2018 Andy Reid. Get as many playmakers on the field for your FQB as possible to create mismatches. It's sounds like common sense everyone should be doing it but rarely occurs.

All those telegraphed Jet sweeps, WR bubble screens , Quick behind the L.O.S throws that teams knew only Agholor would run now have to account for Tate do exactly the same things as well.

Defenses legit will have to pick their poison. The sky is the limit with potential possibilities. Only Pederson's imagination and the health of the players can limit those endless formations.

Eagles go 5 wide, tell me Wentz doesn't hit any one of these players he feels has the best matchup on a LB/S/CB?

AJ, Ertz, Tate, Nelly, Mathews

AJ, Goedert, Tate, Nelly, Ertz

AJ, Ertz, Tate, Sproles, Nelly

AJ, Ertz, Goedert, JMatt, Tate

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Like I've said before I think DP is going full 2018 Andy Reid. Get as many playmakers on the field for your FQB as possible to create mismatches. It's sounds like common sense everyone should be doing it but rarely occurs.

All those telegraphed Jet sweeps, WR bubble screens , Quick behind the L.O.S throws that teams knew only Agholor would run now have to account for Tate do exactly the same things as well.

Defenses legit will have to pick their poison. The sky is the limit with potential possibilities. Only Pederson's imagination and the health of the players can limit those endless formations.

Eagles go 5 wide, tell me Wentz doesn't hit any one of these players he feels has the best matchup on a LB/S/CB?

AJ, Ertz, Tate, Nelly, Mathews

AJ, Goedert, Tate, Nelly, Ertz

AJ, Ertz, Tate, Sproles, Nelly

AJ, Ertz, Goedert, JMatt, Tate

our receiving core is definitely better than last year BUT our run game this year is no where near what it was last year and thats what helped open up the field. 

It’s not even that we can’t run, it’s that we won’t. 4.5 a carry last year as compared to 4.1 this year. And although that’s a little drop off, we had 473 rushes last year. We’re on pace for 416 this year. Doug needs to remember to balance better. Especially when he damn near abandons the run in the 4th when your run game can really take advantage of a tired defense. 

564 pass attempts last year. On pace for 616 this year. (Which would have led he league in 2017) You can’t have a -200 attempt run/pass discrepancy and expect to be successful. 

6 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

It’s not even that we can’t run, it’s that we won’t. 4.5 a carry last year as compared to 4.1 this year. And although that’s a little drop off, we had 473 rushes last year. We’re on pace for 416 this year. Doug needs to remember to balance better. Especially when he damn near abandons the run in the 4th when your run game can really take advantage of a tired defense. 

564 pass attempts last year. On pace for 616 this year. (Which would have led he league in 2017) You can’t have a -200 attempt run/pass discrepancy and expect to be successful. 

hard to balance when your qb is out there pretending to be the GOAT

• 3 weeks later...

I can't say I'm at all surprised.

I think it would be wise to part ways with Groh after this season. I don't think given our cap situation that it makes sense to retain Golden Tate. Hopefully we can get like a 5th round through a compensational signing down the line. 

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

I can't say I'm at all surprised.

I think it would be wise to part ways with Groh after this season. I don't think given our cap situation that it makes sense to retain Golden Tate. Hopefully we can get like a 5th round through a compensational signing down the line. 

I'd say wait and see who we get to replace him then decide between Nelly and Tate, cause Nelson's 9+ mil is non guaranteed

On 10/30/2018 at 12:15 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Damn i wanted as many picks as possible, especially 3rd round and higher.

Maybe we get a 4th round comp for Tate if he signs somewhere else in FA though but that’s like a round a a half drop or so.

Dont get it twisted though Tate is a very good receiver. Just not sure we are in a position to make a run this year. Hopefully I’m wrong.

:(

37 minutes ago, marky_b27 said:

Surely he would have gone to the coaches and said "I can get Tate, how would you use him?"

I'd guess this was the case and the coaches were all for it at the time. 

Maybe Groh himself wasn't specifically asked. A foolish thing to say to the media either way.  Makes the deal look worse than it already does.

12 hours ago, Kiltman said:

See I look at this and think it's being taken out of context/click bait by Kempski. No surprise really, he's a tool.

Challenging (IMO) in the sense they're trying to get Tate on the same page not only with Wentz but schematically, philosophically and understanding the terminology?

All things Fans assume are easily learned in a week? Why I have no idea?  We've heard numerous times how big and complex Pederson's Playbook is and expectations are for all WR's to Know every position in the offense. How in the Hell is that supposed to be easy, even for a Vet like Tate??

Seriously?

Archived