WR Golden Tate to the Eagles for a 3rd

eagles18

Heard on the radio that Tate was texting Carson when he was acquired and wanted to do some rep work with him and Carson couldn’t because he was hunting. 

Pretty weak, man. Cut your bye week excursion short and go work with your new receiver. That news is problematic for me. Never thought I’d have to question Carson’s commitment to getting better. 

15 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Heard on the radio that Tate was texting Carson when he was acquired and wanted to do some rep work with him and Carson couldn’t because he was hunting. 

Pretty weak, man. Cut your bye week excursion short and go work with your new receiver. That news is problematic for me. Never thought I’d have to question Carson’s commitment to getting better. 

You mean Wentz should have to cut his less then one week vacation short because the Organization traded for a WR during said vacation?

Honestly don't think there's many QB's in the NFL Rodgers, Brady, Brees etc that would have as well.

We're not talking FA, OTA's, TC, Preseason, ect. We're talking a Bye Week after all of that above and 8 weeks into the season. Don't have a problem with it at all.

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

You mean Wentz should have to cut his less then one week vacation short because the Organization traded for a WR during said vacation?

Honestly don't think there's many QB's in the NFL Rodgers, Brady, Brees etc that would have as well.

We're not talking FA, OTA's, TC, Preseason, ect. We're talking a Bye Week after all of that above and 8 weeks into the season. Don't have a problem with it at all.

Please. You act like they don’t have 6 months off to screw about with whatever they’re interested in during the off season. As a leader and a sign of solidarity he could have cut that short. It at least would have been a nice gesture to a new teammate, even if it didn’t do any good on the field. 

14 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

He did have golden over for thanksgiving not like carson is a bad team mate or anything.

10 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Please. You act like they don’t have 6 months off to screw about with whatever they’re interested in during the off season. As a leader and a sign of solidarity he could have cut that short. It at least would have been a nice gesture to a new teammate, even if it didn’t do any good on the field. 

You mean the same player that was coming off surgery , in rehab and barely able to walk for most of that 6 months?

Stop reaching for stuff that's not there. No QB was giving up his bye week plans in that scenario. Nor should they.

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

You mean the same player that was coming off surgery , in rehab and barely able to walk for most of that 6 months?

Stop reaching for stuff that's not there. No QB was giving up his bye week plans in that scenario. Nor should they.

Dude was on crutches on the sidelines during the SB in February. He didn’t have Polio. He got married and did a rehearsed dance at his wedding, went to Greece and road ATVs. He wasn’t bed stricken. Besides, it wasn’t the off-season. It was during a bye week where he could have used some extra work with his offense. Especially with a new weapon that could potentially take his offense up another notch. 

Brett Hundley used the bye week for extra practice last year. He needed it and used the spare time to try and get better. It happens. Don’t speak in absolutes. It’s clearly not true. 

3 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

He did have golden over for thanksgiving not like carson is a bad team mate or anything.

I’m not saying he’s a bad teammate. But I’d rather have my struggling offense get the QB and newly acquired WR on the same page rather than eating turkey together. 

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

I’m not saying he’s a bad teammate. But I’d rather have my struggling offense get the QB and newly acquired WR on the same page rather than eating turkey together. 

well did anyone think the problem with the offense was lacking a slot receiver? no that was just a dumb trade no matter what

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

well did anyone think the problem with the offense was lacking a slot receiver? no that was just a dumb trade no matter what

Still has nothing to do with the QB-WR relationship. He’s a potential 90 reception receiver year in and out. Would have behooved them to be together and building a rapport as much as possible. It’s hard enough to get acclimated in the middle of the season. Nothing is going to replace practice reps and getting to know what each player prefers on certain throws, routes, etc. I’m just saying, they could have used the reps clearly. 

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Still has nothing to do with the QB-WR relationship. He’s a potential 90 reception receiver year in and out. Would have behooved them to be together and building a rapport as much as possible. It’s hard enough to get acclimated in the middle of the season. Nothing is going to replace practice reps and getting to know what each player prefers on certain throws, routes, etc. I’m just saying, they could have used the reps clearly. 

midseason football trades are inherently stupid for those reasons

45 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

midseason football trades are inherently stupid for those reasons

Agreed for the most part. I think position has a lot to do with it. RB, OL, DL are probably a little easier to assimilate into a roster. WR being probably one of the more difficult ones. But still, Howie made a move, right or wrong. Tate is here no matter how stupid any one thinks it is. Better to do as much as you can to try and ease that transition and expedite the comfortability of the player to promote success for the team. Pretty simple. Just asking my QB to do what it takes to breed a successful environment whenever possible. I think that was a real opportunity to get the team better. And if all for not, at least Wentz put forth the effort. Tate made the call because he saw opportunity to acclimate himself easier for the benefit of everyone involved. Why didn’t Carson think it was necessary, or at least take precedent over his vacation, to do the same? Tate was invited by Carson to go to their church on Sunday and Tate stayed behind, while his wife went, to take more time to learn the playbook. As little as that may seem, that takes some sacrifice. Just a little disappointed in that news, for me. I’m not saying everyone should feel the way I am. 

8 hours ago, Eagles23 said:

Turkey looked like it did wonders for their chemistry

And actual time together in practice.

It's absurd to question Wentz's commitment because he had the audacity to enjoy his bye week like 99.9% of the other players in the league when on theirs. Tate had his bye 3 wks earlier, of course he was ready to work.

Absurd.

Let’s just forget the other 3 games (and 2 losses) the looked pretty ishy together. Could have used the extra reps. Can’t deny that. They got off to a rusty start. Possibly could have been prevented. But who knows, right? Extra work and practice, what a crazy idea. 

Archived