Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
eagles18

WR Golden Tate to the Eagles for a 3rd

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, BAConrad said:

Yeah, Josh Huff and Isaac Seamalo are super valuable.

We took Danny Watkins in the first once should have just gave them that pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

they really aren't that good if you watch them and only a game up

We shouldn't lose any of our division games 9-4, win one of Saints/Rams/Texans and we are probably fine...hell look at the rest of the NFC and we are next to everyone, so a wildcard is still plenty in play too.

Have you seen the eagles play this year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

it's somewhere in the middle, we are in Window #1 with Carson. Getting established vets is what you do..load up.

But a 3rd is a solid lottery ticket and more importantly a compelling trade chip.
We sit there on draft day, one of the stud DTs falls because of QBs getting drafted. A 3rd would help getting up there a lot.

Neither ways of thinking are really wrong 

I also think it's insanely delusional to think that our FO is just gonna kick the can on this season. THAT would be stupid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lions fans seems to be sad that he is leaving, and he seem like a player that we can put anywhere and plug and play. He is tough, good leader, and has great hands. I like the trade, even though I would have rather given up a 4th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

Have you seen the eagles play this year? 

We are 4-4 despite being decimated by injuries and our defense doing all it can to lose us games in the 4th quarter.

This is one of the first seasons where you literally just need 11 bodies on defense and you can still win. 

As long as Carson continues to play like he has, which he will and it's safe to assume he will play even better every week, then we have a shot to win any game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BAConrad said:

We are 4-4 despite being decimated by injuries and our defense doing all it can to lose us games in the 4th quarter.

This is one of the first seasons where you literally just need 11 bodies on defense and you can still win. 

As long as Carson continues to play like he has, which he will and it's safe to assume he will play even better every week, then we have a shot to win any game.

 

Carson is the best he's ever been and we still suck all you need to know to give up on the year and save your draft picks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Lions fans seems to be sad that he is leaving, and he seem like a player that we can put anywhere and plug and play. He is tough, good leader, and has great hands. I like the trade, even though I would have rather given up a 4th. 

Is there such a difference though in those picks that justifies calling this a horrible trade like some are?

It's insane to me that if we had given up a 4th round pick instead, this would go from a terrible deal to a good one. As if the caliber of players we can get in the 3rd round is just light-years superior than in the 4th or even 5th round or something. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I would've wanted a CB and/or S...the value on a DB who can play has probably increased too much. 

Also I think its easier to bring a vet WR into the fold. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Have you seen the eagles play this year? 

Yes, we've been in every game

Biggest killer, untimely 3 and outs in the second half.
A guy that can take a short pass and do something with it seemingly would help that. 
 

Not gonna disagree that a 3rd was too much, but would've been fine with a 4th..so I can't be THAT mad.
(Like if I was ok with a 4th for Cooper and then they gave a frickin 1st for him)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Lions fans seems to be sad that he is leaving, and he seem like a player that we can put anywhere and plug and play. He is tough, good leader, and has great hands. I like the trade, even though I would have rather given up a 4th. 

Always heard he was a really popular player there, I think people will like the attitude he brings at the very least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

Is there such a difference though in those picks that justifies calling this a horrible trade like some are?

It's insane to me that if we had given up a 4th round pick instead, this would go from a terrible deal to a good one. As if the caliber of players we can get in the 3rd round is just light-years superior than in the 4th or even 5th round or something. 

 

 

So if he plays well and signs with another team for a big contract, do we get a late 3rd comp pick???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it. I don't like it for a 3rd round pick, but whatever. This team had like 10 or 11 picks next year and Howie has an entire offseason to make up ground there, so I am not worried about that......right now

 

This team desperately needed another playmaker. I have had no faith that the Eagles were ever going to break a big play. Golden Tate is someone that can take a short pass and turn it into a long gain.

 

This does raise some serious questions about Nelson though. Him and Tate appear to be similar players, so I don't know who plays what role and how all that works together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

So if he plays well and signs with another team for a big contract, do we get a late 3rd comp pick???

I don't know the specific comp pick rules off the top of my head. 

All I'm saying is it's 100% worth trading a 3rd or 4th round pick for a player of Tate's caliber for just about any team minus maybe a handful like SF, Arizona,etc.

You're risking him leaving this off-season sure. But you're also risking it every time you draft a player like Josh Huff or Bennie Logan or Donnell Pumphrey and so on and so on. 

I want everyone to look at our roster. Look at all of our best players. What round were they taken in?

Ert 2nd

Jeffrey 2nd

Goedert 2nd

Wentz 1st

Agholor 1st

Cox 1st

Barnett 1st

Graham 1st

Jenkins 1st

Darby 2nd

Lane 1st

See where I'm going?

Edited by BAConrad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know he can block and run after the catch so DougieP gets more opportunities to call WRs screens. I know he was on pace for a lot of catches...but I'm sure with the way we spread it around his pace will decline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

I don't know the specific comp pick rules off the top of my head. 

All I'm saying is it's 100% worth trading a 3rd or 4th round pick for a player of Tate's caliber for just about any team minus maybe a handful like SF, Arizona,etc.

You're risking him leaving this off-season sure. But you're also risking it every time you draft a player like Josh Huff or Bennie Logan or Donnell Pumphrey and so on and so on. 

I want everyone to look at our roster. Look at all of our best players. What round were they taken in?

Ert 2nd

Jeffrey 2nd

Goedert 2nd

Wentz 1st

Agholor 1st

Cox 1st

Barnett 1st

Graham 1st

Jenkins 1st

Darby 2nd

Lane 1st

See where I'm going?

And all of those weren't drafted by Howie and co. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×