WR Golden Tate to the Eagles for a 3rd

eagles18

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Looking forward to them, should be good. 

Weirdly the most fun matchup will get the least attention in the interiors of our OL and your DL.

That is going to be fun.  no question its about our two teams, the boys are done IMO, overpaid for Cooper, thinking they got a QB to throw it to him.  Anyway i am kind of glad our two games are later in the season, because I feel they both will be very meaningful.  

3 hours ago, BAConrad said:

So you're saying you think it's actually acceptable to just give up on a season 8 games in when you have your franchise QB who is playing at a very high level on one of the last remaining years of his rookie deal?

saving a third round pick is way more acceptable than trading for a slot receiver. golden tate isnt going to make the defense or offensive line play any better.

14 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

saving a third round pick is way more acceptable than trading for a slot receiver. golden tate isnt going to make the defense or offensive line play any better.

he will make the time the oline has to be blocking decrease though

13 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Defense? Who plays defense now anyways? We have a SB caliber defense (like 25 teams do lol)

He might not help on OL directly, but he sure is going to help with those underneath/short routes. 

Doug's been calling more quick throws to counter the OL struggles. Carson is getting the ball out quickly and accurately, but besides Jeffrey and maybe occasionally Agholor but not really, we don't have any other WRs who can actually catch those quick throws and do anything with the ball after the catch.

But now we have the best YAC WR in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

Defense? Who plays defense now anyways? We have a SB caliber defense (like 25 teams do lol)

He might not help on OL directly, but he sure is going to help with those underneath/short routes. 

Doug's been calling more quick throws to counter the OL struggles. Carson is getting the ball out quickly and accurately, but besides Jeffrey and maybe occasionally Agholor but not really, we don't have any other WRs who can actually catch those quick throws and do anything with the ball after the catch.

But now we have the best YAC WR in the NFL.

I like Golden Tate I think hes a great player. I just dont think he helps us win the division this year. So we gave up a third for 8 games and then maybe we'll get a 5th after he leaves in FA a year later. Meh I don't see the point. 

Archived