WR Golden Tate to the Eagles for a 3rd

eagles18

44 minutes ago, Danger said:

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/depth-chart

So on the official Depth Chart, Golden Tate is listed as the "FLex" Nelson Agholor as the "Wide Receiver" and Alshon Jeffery as the "SE?"

I think that means Tate to the slot, Nelly to the outside. What I expected, if they're both gonna be mediocre on outside, accept it, and but get the best slot guy possible in there. SE is what Alshon has been doing, split end, so he's one of the 7 guys on the LOS since he can actually beat a press which I doubt Tate could and we know Nelly can't.

I hope we give Tate some time on the outside though, was watching highlights and he definitely had a handful of plays where he beat his man outside. I'm sure that goes for pretty any slot WR...

34 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I think that means Tate to the slot, Nelly to the outside. What I expected, if they're both gonna be mediocre on outside, accept it, and but get the best slot guy possible in there. SE is what Alshon has been doing, split end, so he's one of the 7 guys on the LOS since he can actually beat a press which I doubt Tate could and we know Nelly can't.

I hope we give Tate some time on the outside though, was watching highlights and he definitely had a handful of plays where he beat his man outside. I'm sure that goes for pretty any slot WR...

I'm sure they will, want to see some wheel stuff..some read routes where him and carson can find the soft spots of the D.

I hope this kills all the crap with Nelly near the LOS and lets him operate 12-25 yards down the field where he's the best.

6 hours ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

Honestly I don't know could be.  But lets be real Detroit abusing GB now that is a reach.  GB has had a few years of dreadful injuries and still they own Detroit for the most part.

I never said Detroit vs GB. I suggested Tate abusing Ha Ha when matched up in coverages the past few seasons. Last I checked Washington had Alex, not Aaron. Hence the overall abuse by GB.

Could be wrong, should be fun.

Tate should get paid alot this offseason. A ton of teams with young QB's need veteran receivers and taking a quick look, Tate will be one of the only ones on the market. Should help us with the comp pick (which I think was part of the overall trade value factored in - basically detroit wanted the 3rd or 4th a year earlier). 

3 hours ago, mm6492 said:

Tate should get paid alot this offseason. A ton of teams with young QB's need veteran receivers and taking a quick look, Tate will be one of the only ones on the market. Should help us with the comp pick (which I think was part of the overall trade value factored in - basically detroit wanted the 3rd or 4th a year earlier). 

every year that goes by on a new cba getting the third gets harder so no way is it a 3rd it might be a 4th but 5th is a safe bet.

Tate is a good player, but no one cares what the price was as long as the production is there. I remember when the Falcons traded up for Julio and gave up on some serious draft capital. Everyone said there is no point in giving away those for a wide receiver. It works the other way around as well. You have to evaluate the deals in hindsight.

How are they going to use him? Will be there enough touches for everyone? Especially if Sproles and Wallace come back. 

Archived