Los Angeles Chargers (5-2) @ Seattle Seahawks (4-3) -- Week 9

showtime

ABohYUg.jpg

Huge game for both the Chargers and Seahawks.  The Chargers are interesting team to me.  The only two teams they have lost to are the Chiefs and Rams, but their five wins have come against teams that aren't very good - Bills, 49ers, Browns, Raiders and Titans.  With that said, the Chargers have a very explosive offense led by Philip Rivers and Melvin Gordon.  One of the most well balanced offenses in the league and they also feature one of the best WR duos in Keenan Allen and Mike Williams.  This offense is going to be an excellent test for the Seahawks defense.  We'll see how for real the Seahawks passing defense is in this game.

On the flipside, the Chargers will be without their best defensive player in Joey Bosa.  Both the Seahawks and Chargers rushing defenses look to be around the top 10, which will be a great matchup vs two of the best rushing attacks in the league.  The Seahawks offense has become increasingly difficult to defend each week as the running game is churning and the Seahawks now have a three-headed monster at receiver in Baldwin, Lockett and Moore.

The game being in Seattle gives the Seahawks a pretty sizeable advantage as it is still one of the best home advantages in all of sports.  The 12's will be rocking, so the Chargers better bring their A game this Sunday.

20 hours ago, Classic said:

Seahawks will probably win this game, the Chargers are notoriously bad coming off a bye. Melvin Gordon is questionable for us and has been incredible this season for keeping defenses honest against the pass. Seahawks-Chargers 27-21

What are the chances Gordon doesn't play?  He's been so fantastic for them.

9 hours ago, Ryan_W said:

really hope TNF doesn't mean the 49ers are back. putting a whipping on the worst team isn't proof, but it's not good news. I had those chickens already counted.

27-21 sounds good

The Raiders are a really bad team and they quit last night.  The Niners are going to fight and put up resistance against a lot of teams because they're a very well coached team.

Awesome opening drive. [Although there were two pretty egregious missed holding calls to Seattle benefit]

TIL: one problem, there is a noticeable delay on the broadcast. I live two blocks from the stadium and I can hear the fireworks. Heard the boom about 3-4 minutes before the broadcast showed the TD. 

It's interesting.  I was watching the pre-game show earlier this morning and one of the people picked the Chargers to win this game as their upset special.  I started to think... upset?  The Chargers are a better team than the Seahawks, probably, but I guess because the game was at home the Seahawks were favored.  Anyways, GG to the Chargers and good luck the rest of the way.  I'll have some more thoughts on this game, but I'm in a rush right now.

Awful game in many ways..

Russell regressed, held the ball way too long. That Jarron Brown underthrow really was the exclamation point on the poop pie Russel served today.

The offensive was circling the drain already, but losing Carson was a huge blow. Everything just kinda deflated afterwards.

Had the defensive tackled in the first half, the outcome would have been completely different. 

Despite losing McDoug and TT, the defense held the Charger offense to 0 points in the 2nd half [with the missed FG of coarse].

Huge difference in the game was offensive penalties. Seattle had 8 or 9, LA 0. Seattle could not get out of their own way today. Very 2016-2017 of them.

I hope Carson, Fluker, McDougald and Thompson are all ready for next week. Could be very ugly without them.

Lots of stuff going on at my place due to the Rams loss haha.

Anyways, really hard fought game on both sides.  Wilson kills the team sometimes holding on to the ball forever, running backwards and still taking sacks.  It's just getting tiresome.  His pick 6 was absolutely dreadful and was a big reason the Seahawks lost today.  Moore dropping a TD to potentially tie the game at the end is just LOL worthy and a fitting way to end this game.

Archived