Trade Deadline

Pickle Rick

With the uncertainty at QB at the moment, I am glad they didn't trade a 2nd rounder for Collins.  The organization needs to keep all of it s draft capital at the moment.  I think with some experience Whitehead can be a good safety.  Why he is splitting reps with Johnson, I have no idea.  I look forward to the day when there are no more head scratching rotations at certain positions.

5 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

With the uncertainty at QB at the moment, I am glad they didn't trade a 2nd rounder for Collins.  The organization needs to keep all of it s draft capital at the moment.  I think with some experience Whitehead can be a good safety.  Why he is splitting reps with Johnson, I have no idea.  I look forward to the day when there are no more head scratching rotations at certain positions.

I’m still a little suspect on Evans right now to be honest. While he’s made some splash plays he has mental lapses. He might be the Kwon Alexander of our defense. 

51 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I’m still a little suspect on Evans right now to be honest. While he’s made some splash plays he has mental lapses. He might be the Kwon Alexander of our defense. 

He is a lot like Kwon back there. That's a good comp.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

He is a lot like Kwon back there. That's a good comp.

Just curious, so what does this mean?  He s a second year safety whose played his entire career for a DC who has been fired in season.  Is he a bust?  Can he improve?  I think I m correct this is Collins last year on his rookie deal.  Top yearly salary for a safety is Eric Berry at 13 million, a couple of guys making 12 million.  Franchise tag would be around 12 million.  You make that financial commitment to Collins, Evans or Whitehead go to the bench permanently.  Just me, I m relieved they didn't trade for him.  I would rather spend more money on the dline next year because Curry, Unrein  and possibly GMC are leaving.  I don't want most of that money diverted to a safety right now.

2 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

He is exactly what Kwon is right now. But, I think he is not being utilized properly. Him and David are both not being used to their strengths.

34 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Just curious, so what does this mean?  He s a second year safety whose played his entire career for a DC who has been fired in season.  Is he a bust?  Can he improve?  I think I m correct this is Collins last year on his rookie deal.  Top yearly salary for a safety is Eric Berry at 13 million, a couple of guys making 12 million.  Franchise tag would be around 12 million.  You make that financial commitment to Collins, Evans or Whitehead go to the bench permanently.  Just me, I m relieved they didn't trade for him.  I would rather spend more money on the dline next year because Curry, Unrein  and possibly GMC are leaving.  I don't want most of that money diverted to a safety right now.

A guy that makes splash plays and also misses plays. Kind of a high risk, high reward player.

Collins said he didn’t want to leave the Giants. Depending on how the season ends for the Giants that might change. I’d throw the kitchen sink at him this off-season, especially if we move on from Jameis and have the extra cap space. If we can have JPP, David and Collins at the 3 levels on our D then I think we have a shot at some real improvement on that side of the ball.

Archived