Ravens Trade for Packers RB/WR Ty Montgomery

RavensTillIDie

They needed RB help? Thought they had a nice 1-2 combo with Collins as main runner, Buck as receiving back. OL has just been disappointing. 

Love it by the Packers, this all but confirms the reports that Ty threw a temper tantrum after missing last offensive series and deliberately took it out to spite the coaches. He damn near threw the game. Get him out of there. 

42 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Other Ravens fans disagree, but I think we have badly needed another RB. One who can catch passes too. So, I like this flyer at the low low cost.

I see nothing wrong with giving up a 7th rounder in 2020 for him. He could never be a feature back because of his illness but he's still a good gadget player in space.

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

They needed RB help? Thought they had a nice 1-2 combo with Collins as main runner, Buck as receiving back. OL has just been disappointing. 

Collins is a fumble machine. Buck Allen makes absolutely nothing happen on his own/in space.

17 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Love it by the Packers, this all but confirms the reports that Ty threw a temper tantrum after missing last offensive series and deliberately took it out to spite the coaches. He damn near threw the game. Get him out of there. 

Near?  What is even worse is he was told to take a knee and went rogue anyway.   There is a reason why he didn't make it as a WR - hence the #88 - and was third on the RB depth chart.  Packers fans roundly cheered when his fanny was shipped out of town.  Buyer beware...

8 hours ago, Toddfather said:

He was always spoken of highly before this last week. I think frustration is boiling over. He changed a position for the team to be buried, but this is a league of results. Hate his decision in the Rams game, but wish him well. 

Folks at 1265 usually don't air dirty laundry so we don't know if he has been a distraction in the locker room in the past but you can't have a player who disregards a directive by his coaches  after throwing a hissy fit on the sidelines in your locker room.

8 hours ago, Toddfather said:

He was always spoken of highly before this last week. I think frustration is boiling over. He changed a position for the team to be buried, but this is a league of results. Hate his decision in the Rams game, but wish him well. 

He was one of those players who did nothing well, but wasn't bad enough to actually be cut.  He wasn't a very good WR and eventually transitioned to RB.  I'm actually kinda surprised the Packers got anything for him.

In this situation, I don't blame the Packers for getting rid of the guy.  If the coaching staff tells you to do something and you just decide you are going to do the opposite just because that's what you want to do, you have to go.  They did the right thing.

Archived