Jump to content
RavensTillIDie

Ravens Trade for Packers RB/WR Ty Montgomery

Recommended Posts

Meh basically for free. Hopefully a slightly better Buck Allen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liked him in the draft and liked him till he ****ed his team over yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so he gets 8 games before he'll be a FA after the season right. i mean sure, test him, can't hurt for a future 7th round pick. maybe he can be a mini Ray Rice and spark the running game. If not who cares.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eric DeCosta is loading up on Stanford alumni so David Shaw feels comfortable when he gets here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carrying 4 RB and 4 TE, can't wait to still not be able to run the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like the team is making a scapegoat out of the running back position for the running game woes this season. It's not them, it's the awful blocking that's not getting it done this season. Montgomery isn't going to change or add anything that the team didn't already have. Seems like a waste of an asset. Good thing it's a minor one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

I feel like the team is making a scapegoat out of the running back position for the running game woes this season. It's not them, it's the awful blocking that's not getting it done this season. Montgomery isn't going to change or add anything that the team didn't already have. Seems like a waste of an asset. Good thing it's a minor one.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-15-stats-to-know-after-week-8

-ALEX COLLINS LEANS ON THE RAVENS’ OFFENSIVE LINE MORE THAN YOU THINK

Alex Collins, though more than capable of churning out yards after contact and forcing missed tackles, has gained 89.4% of his rushing yards on carries where he’s been contacted two-plus yards beyond the line of scrimmage — good for the highest percentage among backs with 60-plus carries.-

 

It isn't opinion- it's fact, the Offensive Line is more important than the running back. Running games live and die on their backs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-15-stats-to-know-after-week-8

-ALEX COLLINS LEANS ON THE RAVENS’ OFFENSIVE LINE MORE THAN YOU THINK

Alex Collins, though more than capable of churning out yards after contact and forcing missed tackles, has gained 89.4% of his rushing yards on carries where he’s been contacted two-plus yards beyond the line of scrimmage — good for the highest percentage among backs with 60-plus carries.-

 

It isn't opinion- it's fact, the Offensive Line is more important than the running back. Running games live and die on their backs.

Makes sense. When our cute/fancy running plays work, they work real well. Problem is they don't work too often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Makes sense. When our cute/fancy running plays work, they work real well. Problem is they don't work too often.

It worked last year because Ryan Jensen was a great anchor for Roman's scheme. He and Austin Howard were strong run block personnel, and Hurst made his mark as a guard with a ton of plus pulls. 

This year it seems like Roman doesn't have the ideal players to make it work, and as a result he's getting cuter to try and compensate. 

Edited by DreamKid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh.  Didn't really give anything up for him.

At least he'll be more elusive when he catches some of those dump-offs that Buck usually catches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

It isn't opinion- it's fact, the Offensive Line is more important than the running back. Running games live and die on their backs.

Yup. I don't think it's something the team could have went out and addressed since good offensive lineman aren't available to trade for, but just adding more/different backs won't do anything either. Thought the same when the news came out about their free agent running back workout a few days ago. It's just whatever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×