Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
N4L

Week 9 GDT: The BOSA BOWL - The BAY'S battle of the TANKS

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You can’t out tank us. We are goin all in Bosa and there us no shame in our game. 

Well sounds like we're going to be fielding a practice squad 3rd string QB. For reference on how bad he might be Shanny has repeatedly stated that THE CJ Beathard is our best QB. Let that sink in for a second.

This team is just too injured to compete with almost any team. Even without Nick Mullens starting there is a very solid chance you guys would win.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Geek said:

Well sounds like we're going to be fielding a practice squad 3rd string QB. For reference on how bad he might be Shanny has repeatedly stated that THE CJ Beathard is our best QB. Let that sink in for a second.

This team is just too injured to compete with almost any team. Even without Nick Mullens starting there is a very solid chance you guys would win.  

Gruden will purposey call bad plays whenever the score is close, you cannot out tank Jon Gruden. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BayRaider said:

Gruden will purposey call bad plays whenever the score is close, you cannot out tank Jon Gruden. 

The play calling honestly might not even matter. The only thing this team has going for it is its run game. Beyond that, it is possible this team scores zero points. 

Who knows, maybe Mullens actually comes out and plays a good game but I wouldn't count on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Geek said:

The play calling honestly might not even matter. The only thing this team has going for it is its run game. Beyond that, it is possible this team scores zero points. 

Who knows, maybe Mullens actually comes out and plays a good game but I wouldn't count on it. 

Mullens will look like a stud. Raiders are on pace to finish with the worst Pass Rush in 100 years of NFL History + have no secondary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What has the world come to, where raider fans come to flex about how good they are at tanking? LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Mullens will look like a stud. Raiders are on pace to finish with the worst Pass Rush in 100 years of NFL History + have no secondary. 

Part of me really does believe that Mullens will have a fluke game and look good but the fact that Shanny has been so resistant to playing him despite Beathard being atrocious is quite telling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

Semi-serious prediction:

Both teams go all-out tanking and this game ends in the first super sad 0-0 tie since 1943.

The defenses are also bad. Horrible breaks in coverage, missed tackles, and no pass rush can lead to points, no matter how incompetent and intentionally sabotaged the offenses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Mullens will look like a stud. Raiders are on pace to finish with the worst Pass Rush in 100 years of NFL History + have no secondary. 

Won't even matter. We may be without Sherman, Foster and starting a third strong practice squad, undrafted quarterback who has never played more than third strong roster fodder in the preseason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Won't even matter. We may be without Sherman, Foster and starting a third strong practice squad, undrafted quarterback who has never played more than third strong roster fodder in the preseason

Look, you guys are going to win, and you are going to like it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Look, you guys are going to win, and you are going to like it. 

Dude we have lost to the Cardinals….. TWICE! I'm almost positive they won't win more than one other game all season. Don't underestimate the inept play of CJ Beat Hard. It is almost a joke how every opportunity he has to win at the end of the game he finds a way to fail. Now, last week Magnuson with his errand snap was the culprit, but trust even with a good snap, Beathard would have committed a turnover there. 

I think our defense for the most part has been solid the last four games so we have at least that working for us. But Tartt is doubtful, Sherman probably misses the game and Foster likely won't play either. So yeah, we have all that working against us. And while your pass rush sucks, ours isn't exactly 2015 Broncos level either. 

Both teams have a case for being the worst team in the league. May the worst team lose!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay I have rediscovered my sense of humour, particularly after reading all of this thread.  The pass rush and secondary of both teams is atrocious so I expect to see quite a lot of points on the scoreboard at the end.  Now for those Raiders fans who think you have a really bad team, well you just ain't seen nothin' yet. :)  Raiders 30-27 over the Niners.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

Semi-serious prediction:

Both teams go all-out tanking and this game ends in the first super sad 0-0 tie since 1943.

If Mullens starts, my new semi-serious prediction:

Mullens inexplicably leads the offense to 45 points for the first time since 2012 and the 49ers win by 4 scores. Shanahan hands the keys over to Mullens and Mullens follows up this performance with 3 INTs and just over 100 passing yards in the final start of his NFL career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×