Week 9 GDT: The BOSA BOWL - The BAY'S battle of the TANKS

N4L

Baldy doing his thing again. Nice to see he actually has some good thing to say about us this time. 

TBH it seems more like the Raiders suck *** than Mullens really lighting them up. It'll be fun to see how he performs against a slightly better team next weekend.

Watson actually looked really good here. Again it'll be interesting to see how much of this game was a fluke versus actual talent. But unlike Mullens, I wouldn't be surprised to see some sustained success from Watson. I'd love to be able to count on him in the future even if he's not a premier pass rusher.  

3 hours ago, Geek said:

Baldy doing his thing again. Nice to see he actually has some good thing to say about us this time. 

TBH it seems more like the Raiders suck *** than Mullens really lighting them up. It'll be fun to see how he performs against a slightly better team next weekend.

Watson actually looked really good here. Again it'll be interesting to see how much of this game was a fluke versus actual talent. But unlike Mullens, I wouldn't be surprised to see some sustained success from Watson. I'd love to be able to count on him in the future even if he's not a premier pass rusher.  

Even a passing downs edge rusher that routinely lets our big end types inside where they are more useful is worth something. Otherwise, we need to draft or sign one. Because all of our edge types are poor. All of them. 

3 hours ago, Geek said:

Watson looked better than Marsh, Sneeze and whoever else we tried on the edge in preseason. And last night he looked pretty good as well. Raiders, sure, but I'd give him a shot. Nothing to lose.

9 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Watson looked better than Marsh, Sneeze and whoever else we tried on the edge in preseason. And last night he looked pretty good as well. Raiders, sure, but I'd give him a shot. Nothing to lose.

Of course, Marsh looked great against the raiders too lol

29 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Sounds like Mullens is expected to be the starter for the next game. According to Ian Rapoport. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000983662/article/niners-likely-to-keep-nick-mullens-as-starting-qb

Not surprising. The question is, will Shanny go back to Mullens when he starts to struggle, which is inevitable? I think at this point we have seen enough of Beathard to know what we have. Might as well roll with Mullens the rest of the way to see if we have anything or not. 

In the grand scheme of things, I don't really care who we start the rest of the season.  Jimmy is our starter next year, regardless.  And, we're not playoff-bound this season.  

I kind of feel like I've seen everything I need to of CJ.  He's a tough guy with a lot of heart.  I have a ton of respect for him.  

Gun to my head, start Mullens the rest of the way, though.  If nothing else, it's something different to watch.  In a lost season, different is good.  

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Great job by the team to get this corrected. Was really hard to watch the first few weeks with some really bad penalties. 

So hard, so frustrating. And last thursday, we corrected CJ's batted down passes, holding on to the ball for far too long and fumbles... by not playing CJ. I'm so much more light-hearted this week. I mean, I've barely slept in five days because I'm sick, but light-hearted nonetheless.

The penalties in the first few weeks were just ridiculous. It was a noose around our necks, just getting tighter and tighter.

1 minute ago, rudyZ said:

So hard, so frustrating. And last thursday, we corrected CJ's batted down passes, holding on to the ball for far too long and fumbles... by not playing CJ. I'm so much more light-hearted this week. I mean, I've barely slept in five days because I'm sick, but light-hearted nonetheless.

The penalties in the first few weeks were just ridiculous. It was a noose around our necks, just getting tighter and tighter.

FWIW, Mullens held on to the ball about 2.25 seconds from snap to throw. CJ is about 2.55, and Jimmy G was nearly 3 seconds (something like 2.96 or something. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

FWIW, Mullens held on to the ball about 2.25 seconds from snap to throw. CJ is about 2.55, and Jimmy G was nearly 3 seconds (something like 2.96 or something. 

Jimmy usually held on to the ball while moving around, at least. CJ just stands there. Mullens... well, he played such a terrible defense that it didn't take time to find the holes in it.

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Great job by the team to get this corrected. Was really hard to watch the first few weeks with some really bad penalties. 

What's funny is that KC leads the league in penalties. Just goes to show that as long as you have enough firepower, penalties don't matter.

Archived