Week 9 GDT: The BOSA BOWL - The BAY'S battle of the TANKS

N4L

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

Lol, I just realized NFL fans are gifted back to back weeks of the Primetime 1-7 49ers against the 1-6 Raiders and the 1-7 Giants.

Relevant football at its finest. I wonder - if I knew that Nick Mullens was going to be my quarterback for any period of time, would I have the audicity to say **** it and run the wishbone like Walsh did during the beginning of the strike year? Because that may be the best way to get yards. Or some sort of Pistol diamond optioning with Juice and Kittle as the two fullbacks getting secondary handoffs. 

5 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Relevant football at its finest. I wonder - if I knew that Nick Mullens was going to be my quarterback for any period of time, would I have the audicity to say **** it and run the wishbone like Walsh did during the beginning of the strike year? Because that may be the best way to get yards. Or some sort of Pistol diamond optioning with Juice and Kittle as the two fullbacks getting secondary handoffs. 

If it was going to be long term, I don't see why not, though I think that defenses are so fast and skilled now that it could easily be schemed for. The other problem is that there's no way to install that type of offense as your primary gameplan in a single week leading up to what would likely be Mullens' only start. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

If it was going to be long term, I don't see why not, though I think that defenses are so fast and skilled now that it could easily be schemed for. The other problem is that there's no way to install that type of offense as your primary gameplan in a single week leading up to what would likely be Mullens' only start. 

Oh, I would certainly not expect to install it for a single week. But 8+ weeks of say...Nathan Peterman with a pretty darn good defense? I might slowly phase it in. And I do think that it could be schemed for, but still annoying, and still screwy, especially if you're the only one running that scheme and the defensive checks aren't already in everyone's game planning. 

23 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

If Mullens starts, my new semi-serious prediction:

Mullens inexplicably leads the offense to 45 points for the first time since 2012 and the 49ers win by 4 scores. Shanahan hands the keys over to Mullens and Mullens follows up this performance with 3 INTs and just over 100 passing yards in the final start of his NFL career.

We're about to get Kaepernick'd out of the 1st overall again. 

2 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Oh, I would certainly not expect to install it for a single week. But 8+ weeks of say...Nathan Peterman with a pretty darn good defense? I might slowly phase it in. And I do think that it could be schemed for, but still annoying, and still screwy, especially if you're the only one running that scheme and the defensive checks aren't already in everyone's game planning. 

For sure. I think that could be the type of offense that this one actually is okay at. Unfortunately for Buffalo, that entire offense is just awful, including the offensive line. We have shown games where we can eat up 4/5 yards per carry on the ground pretty consistently, so I'm not convinced that us having a 75 / 25 run / pass game split would actually be all that detrimental lol. 

7 hours ago, SoCalNiner said:

If the Raiders traded Mack to us, they could have had the #1 & #2 next year lol

If we had Mack, Jimmy would be healthy!!! We wouldn't have been trailing, and Jimmy wouldn't have tried to make an unnecessarily risky play!!! And I wouldn't be using this many exclamation marks!!!

But yeah... things would have been much different, had we fielded a capable D.

6 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Don't underestimate the 49ers' overall ability to lose in the most epicly hilarious of ways.

Don’t underestimate Gruden’s love of losses. He loves it. I actually see you guys winning just depending ifyour qb is Peterman material. He only needs to be Brockish and you win. Bosa! Bosa! Bosa! Welcome to the wherever we are now Raiders

Archived