Jaguars trade Dante Fowler to Rams

49erurtaza

26 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I can't be the only one who doesn't think Fowler is very good. Good on the Rams for trying to capitalize on this season, but Fowler isn't anything more than an average-slightly above average pass rusher.

You are exactly right. That does have value though.

7 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Nice but I don’t see him being special. 

Probably not. But not sure you can expect that with giving a 3rd/5th and a team letting a pass rusher go. Teams don't normally trade guys who have a chance to be special/are special (sorry Raiders).

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

Can't remember a team that felt more "all-in" than this Rams team. That price to rent a pretty average talent seems crazy. 

I’d hardly call Fowler average.. 8 sacks last year. One of the better rotational guys in the league. Heck hes definitely a miles better pass rusher than anyone on the Raiders. 

17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’d hardly call Fowler average.. 8 sacks last year. One of the better rotational guys in the league. Heck hes definitely a miles better pass rusher than anyone on the Raiders. 

I've seen Shane Ray get 8 sacks in a season, that means nothing to me. And playing with Campbell, Ngakoue and Jackson is probably helpful for accumulating those stats. 

20 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

He played on one of the most stacked pass rushing defenses in recent memory. An 8 sack season really doesn't mean a whole ton for me right now. I don't know that he's bad, but I certainly don't know that he's good. 

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

I've seen Shane Ray get 8 sacks in a season, that means nothing to me. And playing with Campbell, Ngakoue and Jackson is probably helpful for accumulating those stats. 

Stands to reason he should do okay accumulating more stats next to Brockers, Suh, and Donald than, I would think?

2 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

Stands to reason he should do okay accumulating more stats next to Brockers, Suh, and Donald than, I would think?

You would, but at the same time, he's only got 2 this year and he's still playing on a defense with Yannick, Dareus, Campbell, Jackson, Jack, etc etc etc. 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

I mean, let's not act like the trio he named wasn't ridiculously talented. Obviously Aaron Donald trumps everyone, but come on now.

Trust me, I hope this signing busts hard, but that Rams trio isn't all that bad, either. 

1 minute ago, JMG5 said:

Why does this have to happen now? They were already going to kill us this week and now they're even better.

Dang dude, doom and gloom much? Have some faith. '72 Dolphins can do their annual rejoicing after this weekend.

Archived