Jaguars trade Dante Fowler to Rams

49erurtaza

37 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Again, you can argue draft hindsight for literally every team in the league. Since there are gems in virtually every round of every draft, one can always look back and say "we could've had this guy instead of the bust we chose".

I'm just throwing a jab at a division rival, no harm intended.

12 minutes ago, Non-Issue said:

A 3rd and a 5th for an 8 game rental seems more than a tad pricey. 

Not a fan of the move. I get the "why" of it. Just don't care for the move. 

It’s not an 8 game rental. You make it sound like the Rams made this move to make a playoff push. This is at worst a move to make a Superbowl push. At best the Rams got their future edge rusher. Last time I checked the Rams season isn’t done after just 8 games. If Fowler can make a difference in the playoffs with a few big plays to help the Rams win the Superbowl then I don’t care about a 2019 3rd and 2020 5th round pick. That’s not pricey. You don’t put a price on winning the Superbowl.

4 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

It’s not an 8 game rental. You make it sound like the Rams made this move to make a playoff push. This is at worst a move to make a Superbowl push. At best the Rams got their future edge rusher. Last time I checked the Rams season isn’t done after just 8 games. If Fowler can make a difference in the playoffs with a few big plays to help the Rams win the Superbowl then I don’t care about a 2019 3rd and 2020 5th round pick. That’s not pricey. You don’t put a price on winning the Superbowl.

As you shouldn't. Of course, winning the super bowl is easier said than done. 

I don't have any problems with the compensation. Feel like this trade makes sense for both teams. I'm not super high on Fowler, I have never understood the love affair to be honest, but no doubt that he's a potential impact player for the Rams, and they weren't going to find better anywhere else or off the street. 

23 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Doesn't he become a FA after this season?

37 minutes ago, Non-Issue said:

Doesn't he become a FA after this season?

Yes. But remember the Rams do have 35m of cap space this upcoming offseason. So it’s not a lock he is gone. We shall see but again I think if he makes a few big plays in the playoffs to make a difference in the Rams possibly winning a Superbowl then it’s worth it. 

28 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Yes. But remember the Rams do have 35m of cap space this upcoming offseason. So it’s not a lock he is gone. We shall see but again I think if he makes a few big plays in the playoffs to make a difference in the Rams possibly winning a Superbowl then it’s worth it. 

U is crazy. I rather keep Suh. Fowler isn't anything special. 

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Rams can’t win a playoff game

1 hour ago, El ramster said:

Not impressed BOOOOOOOO

Give us our picks back 

How many snaps did he take against the Saints? I thought he looked pretty good for having limited time to learn the rams scheme and fit in. 

TFL on Kamara. Couple good pressures on Brees. Not sure what you were expecting for his first game in a new uniform.

2 hours ago, SWATcha said:

How many snaps did he take against the Saints? I thought he looked pretty good for having limited time to learn the rams scheme and fit in. 

TFL on Kamara. Couple good pressures on Brees. Not sure what you were expecting for his first game in a new uniform.

You missed the play where he got put on absolute skates by a TE and driven back damn near 5 yards to open a huge hole for one of Kamara's TD's, I take it?

Archived