Redskins trade for Haha Clinton Dix

MikeT14

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Our QB doesn't throw to receivers

Smith throws to them when he has them. Ask yourself, which one of our receivers starts on either the 49ers or Chiefs when they won with Smith?

Doctson can't get seperation and neither Richardson nor Crowder can stay healthy.  Frankly, Richardson has not been a good fit. Everyone assumed that because he was fast, he was a deep threat. But that's not really how he made most of his big plays in Seattle. He did it with Wilson scrambling and buying time for his receivers to get open. 

By dumb luck, the Redskins have built a contending defense and found a running game. The division is winnable by the sheer luck of the draw. But in order to do that, the team has to give Smith someone to throw to besides Jordan Reed. And that means giving Smith the right receiver to fit his skill set, not trying to adapt Smith to another system. Find someone who can at least get open deep consistently.

23 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Smith throws to them when he has them. Ask yourself, which one of our receivers starts on either the 49ers or Chiefs when they won with Smith?

Doctson can't get seperation and neither Richardson nor Crowder can stay healthy.  Frankly, Richardson has not been a good fit. Everyone assumed that because he was fast, he was a deep threat. But that's not really how he made most of his big plays in Seattle. He did it with Wilson scrambling and buying time for his receivers to get open. 

By dumb luck, the Redskins have built a contending defense and found a running game. The division is winnable by the sheer luck of the draw. But in order to do that, the team has to give Smith someone to throw to besides Jordan Reed. And that means giving Smith the right receiver to fit his skill set, not trying to adapt Smith to another system. Find someone who can at least get open deep consistently.

You missed the joke. That said I agree. I dunno why we didn't take a run at DJax. 

36 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Our WRs aren’t elite but Smith has definitely had issues with his accuracy this year.  He’s missed quite a few open WRs and his deep ball has been off so far.

Jerruh set the market with Amari Cooper to be pretty high for receivers.  Golden Tate, a free agent at the end of the year, cost a third round pick.  Demaryius Thomas cost a fourth, but he has a large cap hit- $14 million- that has to be figured out for next year.  

I'm glad the Redskins didn't overpay for a receiver, both in terms of draft picks and salary.  Clinton-Dix fills a need at safety- Nicholson is still young and can learn more taking a bit of a backseat- and gives us an elite safety tandem.  While we did not add pass-catchers and our competition did, we made sure that we are going to negate those additions as much as possible.  

That being said, the offense has got to figure this out.  Even with Crowder out, and Richardson and Thompson struggling with injuries, there are still some players who can move the ball downfield- specifically Vernon Davis on the playaction.  We've got to get our guys healthy, but we also need to see some improvement from Alex Smith too.  

11 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Our QB doesn't throw to receivers

Tell you what sure it would have been nice to have Tate but for a 3rd round pick, a 30 year old receiver on his last year on contract, hell no.  Talk about the ultimate rental.  I would take a great 26 year old FS with a 4th round pick.  I am telling you I can't believe Allen is smart enough to do this trade, I think Doug Williams is getting it done and Bruce baby has to go along with it because he knows if this team doesn't win he is gone.

9 hours ago, Slateman said:

Donnie Avery was their #1/#2 in 2013, Albert Wilson was their #2 in 2014/2015, Chris Conley was their #1/2 in 2016

9 hours ago, Slateman said:

honestly dude give it a rest.  You don't see Smith is missing open receivers?  how open was Sprinkle in the endzone in the Cowboys game.  That one play almost cost us the game.  He is consistently missing open receivers or he is not throwing on time.  Why is Gruden saying he needs to push the ball down the field instead of our receivers need to get better and open a gap so our QB can hit them?  This guy has the running game, the decent Oline and serviceable receivers and yet so far is average and I am being generous here.

13 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

We already have comp picks galore next year. This allows us to have better safety play this year than Montae could give us. And gives us a playoff-experienced young veteran. And it allows us to re-sign him if we can. And if not, we get a comp in 2020. That's not a bad move

In 2019 we still have

They'll probably trade down in the 3rd now add the 4th back !^_^

13 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

And it allows us to re-sign him if we can

How so ? A free agent is free agent is a free agent . Are you saying he'll fit in so well he'll fall in love with being a Redskin and give us a break on a new deal.. ala Capt Kirk ? I think your other point is more cogent -- We tag him .. 

37 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

How so ? A free agent is free agent is a free agent . Are you saying he'll fit in so well he'll fall in love with being a Redskin and give us a break on a new deal.. ala Capt Kirk ? I think your other point is more cogent -- We tag him .. 

He would be more likely to re-sign with us than if he never played for us similar to Zach Brown. Also it gives us the opportunity to see if we want to re-sign him(good fit etc). Also yeah the tag at 11 mil could also be an option.

17 hours ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

Brothers I tell you guys something.  This might just have been the best pickup, better than a CB because now we have arguably the best performing safeties in football AND we have the DL to go with them.  Exactly what other D can say that.

Only if he will stick his nose in and make a tackle.  He had his moments with us but there were other times when he was more than willing to let others make the play while he just stood around.  He also blasted the organization after last season.  He just wasn't happy in GB.  Maybe he can turn his career around for you guys.  Not too many of us were sorry to see him leave but we do have concerns about who is gonna take his place.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/10/30/silverstein-packers-put-house-order-pair-necessary-deals/1821324002/

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

Only if he will stick his nose in and make a tackle.  He had his moments with us but there were other times when he was more than willing to let others make the play while he just stood around.  He also blasted the organization after last season.  He just wasn't happy in GB.  Maybe he can turn his career around for you guys.  Not too many of us were sorry to see him leave but we do have concerns about who is gonna take his place.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/10/30/silverstein-packers-put-house-order-pair-necessary-deals/1821324002/

I hear you brother, and you might be right.  But sometimes a change in scenery makes all the difference.  Plus this year (contract year I guess) HaHa has 60% of your Ds INTs.  That is huge, considering we now have two safeties that are ball hawks.  Last point,  Alabama seems to be our player's school farm.  Our bama big boys up front will make sure he doesn't slack or they will be calling Saban on his butt.  :) 

3 minutes ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

I hear you brother, and you might be right.  But sometimes a change in scenery makes all the difference.  Plus this year (contract year I guess) HaHa has 60% of your Ds INTs.  That is huge, considering we now have two safeties that are ball hawks.  Last point,  Alabama seems to be our player's school farm.  Our bama big boys up front will make sure he doesn't slack or they will be calling Saban on his butt.  :) 

I'm a sister.  xD

Archived