Redskins trade for Haha Clinton Dix

MikeT14

3 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

How so ? A free agent is free agent is a free agent . Are you saying he'll fit in so well he'll fall in love with being a Redskin and give us a break on a new deal.. ala Capt Kirk ? I think your other point is more cogent -- We tag him .. 

No. Just saying that a player might look at us positively in this situation and we're close in $$. Especially if we're a good fit

Seems like a trade that helps both teams. I worry when Pack Pres Murphy wants to trade somebody. That guy is “Super Smatry” Gibbs speak

also nice article @4209 dix missing tackles is not good.  I always thought Breeland was a better safety prospect than CB

Not acquiring a proven RB like the Lions Blount May come back to bite us as MVP wears down and Thompson’s injury history continues to repeat itself

9 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Not acquiring a proven RB like the Lions Blount May come back to bite us as MVP wears down and Thompson’s injury history continues to repeat itself

Very much agree with this. 

We all hope AD continues to roll on his current pace for 16 games (or more hopefully). I still think it’s probably more than a little unlikely, and it’s not a sin to prepare for the possibility that he needs a game or two off at some point. 

It’s not like Thompson can do what AD does. Nor Bibbs. They seem to like Byron Marshall a whole lot (I’m not really sure why) and they seem to keep Perine in the doghouse 24/7 (I’m only somewhat sure why). There’s not much there in the event that the 33-year-old who’s t-3rd in carries per game — joined in the top 3 by guys who are 24, 23, and 23 — starts to run out of steam. 

With so many veteran backs surely available, I probably would have invested in a little AD insurance. Flip a 3rd day pick for somebody like Shady or Blount or Doug Martin, and you’re in a better position to rest AD in any given game and replace him for multiple games if you have to. 

On 10/31/2018 at 1:02 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

Demaryius Thomas cost a fourth, but he has a large cap hit- $14 million- that has to be figured out for next year.  

That's easy: the Texans release him. There's no guaranteed monies in 2019.

On 10/31/2018 at 12:41 PM, RSkinGM said:
On 10/31/2018 at 11:56 AM, Pugger said:

I'm a sister.  xD

Love it -often wondered if we have any over here . 

There's a reason I use "folks" when I mention the group of us on FF. Granted, they are the minority, but there are ladies around. They generally tend to keep a low profile though (in order to avoid unwanted attention). Keep that in mind when using certain emojis, though (like the one I removed from my quote). You might have meant it as playful, but others might interpret it as hitting on them.

21 minutes ago, Woz said:

There's a reason I use "folks" when I mention the group of us on FF. Granted, they are the minority, but there are ladies around. They generally tend to keep a low profile though (in order to avoid unwanted attention). Keep that in mind when using certain emojis, though (like the one I removed from my quote). You might have meant it as playful, but others might interpret it as hitting on them.

My apologies ..

6 hours ago, e16bball said:

They seem to like Byron Marshall a whole lot (I’m not really sure why)

Huh .. when Marshall went down at the beginning of the season, they were talking about him missing the entire season. See now that they designated him to return today. Huh.

Archived