Redskins trade for Haha Clinton Dix

MikeT14

6 hours ago, e16bball said:

With so many veteran backs surely available, I probably would have invested in a little AD insurance. Flip a 3rd day pick for somebody like Shady or Blount or Doug Martin, and you’re in a better position to rest AD in any given game and replace him for multiple games if you have to. 

There are a few street free agents out there that could maybe work in a pinch. Orleans Darkwa and Mike Gillislee are probably the best available, but also guys like Thomas Rawls and Charcandrick West available too.

Not saying they're in the same stratosphere as Peterson, but they could be "free" breather rentals if the Redskins need/want a backup (they should, but the front office is somewhat reactionary instead of proactive).

1 hour ago, Woz said:

There are a few street free agents out there that could maybe work in a pinch. Orleans Darkwa and Mike Gillislee are probably the best available, but also guys like Thomas Rawls and Charcandrick West available too.

Not saying they're in the same stratosphere as Peterson, but they could be "free" breather rentals if the Redskins need/want a backup (they should, but the front office is somewhat reactionary instead of proactive).

Just as a shot in the dark, give me Bo Scarbrough off Jacksonville’s Practice Squad. We sure do love them Bama boys.

2 hours ago, Woz said:

There's a reason I use "folks" when I mention the group of us on FF. Granted, they are the minority, but there are ladies around. They generally tend to keep a low profile though (in order to avoid unwanted attention). Keep that in mind when using certain emojis, though (like the one I removed from my quote). You might have meant it as playful, but others might interpret it as hitting on them.

I've been posting on these types of forums for 14 years, the ladies are there but you are right, they do keep a low profile.  There were few that didn't, and they had people out for them because of it.  

2 hours ago, Woz said:

I don’t get what makes the FO think AP will last with 20+ carries a game. Are they waiting for a blowout win to rest him? They proved last week that isn’t happening. I’ve been hoping for Darkwa for a while but West is familiar with Alex that wouldn’t be a bad move either. 

13 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

I don’t get what makes the FO think AP will last with 20+ carries a game. Are they waiting for a blowout win to rest him? They proved last week that isn’t happening. I’ve been hoping for Darkwa for a while but West is familiar with Alex that wouldn’t be a bad move either. 

The only thing I can think of that makes any sense(*) is that they're looking at the roster and are unsure of who the cut to make room. As @e16bball said, they inexplicably like Byron Marshall and Trey Quinn could be coming back as well. So, there's already two spots they need to make (probably Jehu Chesson and Cassanova McKinzy). I guess the next guy on the chopping block would be Kenny Ladler, but they may not want to move him back to the practice squad yet until Clinton-Dix gets settled and integrated with the team.

(*) Reasonable beyond the front office being completely reactionary ... which is completely plausible.

4 minutes ago, Woz said:

The only thing I can think of that makes any sense(*) is that they're looking at the roster and are unsure of who the cut to make room. As @e16bball said, they inexplicably like Byron Marshall and Trey Quinn could be coming back as well. So, there's already two spots they need to make (probably Jehu Chesson and Cassanova McKinzy). I guess the next guy on the chopping block would be Kenny Ladler, but they may not want to move him back to the practice squad yet until Clinton-Dix gets settled and integrated with the team.

(*) Reasonable beyond the front office being completely reactionary ... which is completely plausible.

Chesson is a monster special team team guy. I don't know if they value that skill enough to keep him on the roster or not . George Allen used to do it but today's game - not so much.

26 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Chesson is a monster special team team guy. I don't know if they value that skill enough to keep him on the roster or not . George Allen used to do it but today's game - not so much.

But you have to figure that Quinn's potential ability in the return game as well as in the regular offense would mean Chesson gets bumped back down to the practice squad.

On 11/1/2018 at 4:19 PM, Woz said:

There's a reason I use "folks" when I mention the group of us on FF. Granted, they are the minority, but there are ladies around. They generally tend to keep a low profile though (in order to avoid unwanted attention). Keep that in mind when using certain emojis, though (like the one I removed from my quote). You might have meant it as playful, but others might interpret it as hitting on them.

I'm one lady who doesn't mind being mistakend for a man here.  I am probably older than most around here and I like being considered one of the boys.  xD

21 hours ago, Pugger said:

I'm one lady who doesn't mind being mistakend for a man here.  I am probably older than most around here and I like being considered one of the boys.  xD

Glad we didn't offend, but sometimes we need to get ourselves checked.

Anyway, welcome. Stick around and mock Thaiphoon chat awhile.

On 11/1/2018 at 5:06 PM, Woz said:

I don’t even know that they would sign one of them if they had issues at the position. I fully expect they’d do what they did last year and roll with Perine getting the lion share of the carries so they could evaluate him for the future.

Archived