Packers trade HA-HA Clinton Dix to Redskins

49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

If that's it, that is an awful move.  Unless Haha had basically promised that he wasn't staying in GB.  And even then, you could get a 3rd round comp pick.

Maybe, but the league has really devalued the Safety position over the years.
Not sure what team would sign him to a huge deal

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Maybe, but the league has really devalued the Safety position over the years.
Not sure what team would sign him to a huge deal

Considering we don't spend big on FAs, and considering how bad safety play is on some teams, I think someone would have given him enough.

4 minutes ago, N4L said:

Wow, a fourth is very good value for the skins. 

Crazy that it was to an NFC team as well because this potentially hurts the Packers playoff chances. 

Packers must be contemplating a tear down? 

Not at all.  My guess is that they decided to take the best offer right now.  They probably weren't going to re-sign him, so didn't want to risk not getting the 3rd round comp pick.  The issue is that we have literally nothing at safety right now.  

21 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Was he in the long term plans? Isn't he a FA next year? I think it's a good move if there is no hope to bring him back and a 4th round pick is received, which is about the same value of a 3rd round pick in two years when they'd be eligible for a comp pick.

The assumption of a 3rd round comp pick is generous and GB will likely be players in FA next year so it is a pointless comparison anyway

10 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Considering we don't spend big on FAs, and considering how bad safety play is on some teams, I think someone would have given him enough.

I mean....not really though.

What about the last off-season or two gives you the impression that any team would sign HCD to the sort of contract you're implying?

Just now, BAConrad said:

I mean....not really though.

What about the last off-season or two gives you the impression that any team would sign HCD to the sort of contract you're implying?

What FA safeties have there been in the past couple years?

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Not at all.  My guess is that they decided to take the best offer right now.  They probably weren't going to re-sign him, so didn't want to risk not getting the 3rd round comp pick.  The issue is that we have literally nothing at safety right now.  

My issue is that teams like Green Bay have an elite QB RIGHT NOW. Not a potential one in a year or two. But right now, they have Rodgers and he's on the wrong side of 30...How is a mid round pick in 2019 going to help you guys win a SB with Rodgers any time soon?

It's egregious that GB accepted a fourth rounder for any young above average starter (let alone at a position that they are weak at like GB at safety)

1 minute ago, BAConrad said:

My issue is that teams like Green Bay have an elite QB RIGHT NOW. Not a potential one in a year or two. But right now, they have Rodgers and he's on the wrong side of 30...How is a mid round pick in 2019 going to help you guys win a SB with Rodgers any time soon?

It's egregious that GB accepted a fourth rounder for any young above average starter (let alone at a position that they are weak at like GB at safety)

Not a fan of the move.

Archived