soflbillsfan

Also found a way to enjoy this game

Drinking game for this Sunday's Buffalo Bills game:

Incompletion - take a drink
3 and out - take 2 drinks
Sack - take 3 drinks
Interception or fumble - take a shot
Pick 6 - chug a beer

Everytime the announcers talk about a previous game Peterman threw multiple interceptions - punch yourself in the face

4 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Haha you guys act like they have a choice. They have brought in a few qbs on tryouts the past couple of weeks its not like signing one right now is going to get them starting this week. Anderson is concussed and allen has a beat up arm this is the 3rd string qb, Even though he started as the #1 he is no longer at that spot and now they have to make him play because they have no other options. Who is out there that should have been signed this past week or 2 that would be an impact right now? this season is over they are just trying to go through the games and collect a top pick. this has been known for weeks now why get worked up about it each week they have no options they are stuck with this dude for the rest of the year. Hopefully anderson passes protocol but i doubt it.

THEN PLAY LOGAN THOMAS. SIGN A GUY AND RUN WHATEVER PLAYS THAT GUY SAYS HE'S FAMILIAR WITH.

I don't care if we're tanking, Nathan Peterman starting another NFL game will lose this coaching staff the locker room and that has long term ramifications beyond tanking. You CANNOT justifiably start him.

What an absolute utter joke that this BUM gets multiple chances to start NFL games while Colin Kaepernick sits at home.

28 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

THEN PLAY LOGAN THOMAS. SIGN A GUY AND RUN WHATEVER PLAYS THAT GUY SAYS HE'S FAMILIAR WITH.

I don't care if we're tanking, Nathan Peterman starting another NFL game will lose this coaching staff the locker room and that has long term ramifications beyond tanking. You CANNOT justifiably start him.

What an absolute utter joke that this BUM gets multiple chances to start NFL games while Colin Kaepernick sits at home.

Bingo. McDermott’s love of Peterman is going to lose him a job. I really hope we go after Bill Lazor 

48 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

And yes, this was absolutely, patently unacceptable and I now am firmly in the camp that this regime needs to be fired.

I don't think I'm quite there and I think a lot of excellent ground work would be ruined if we did fire Beane and McDermott but this is definitely inexplicably bad from those two. I'm willing to grit my teeth the rest of the season but they've got a lot to be held accountable for and I hope the Pegula's do that. They should absolutely be on the thinnest of ices next season and better never allow this to happen again. 

I really just can't understand what their mental process has been this season at QB, how is he possibly still on this team? Is our offense really so advanced that no one could pick it up? I could make the excuse before the Colts game for needing to keep him but still? Really? 

10 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I don't think I'm quite there and I think a lot of excellent ground work would be ruined if we did fire Beane and McDermott but this is definitely inexplicably bad from those two. I'm willing to grit my teeth the rest of the season but they've got a lot to be held accountable for and I hope the Pegula's do that. They should absolutely be on the thinnest of ices next season and better never allow this to happen again. 

I really just can't understand what their mental process has been this season at QB, how is he possibly still on this team? Is our offense really so advanced that no one could pick it up? I could make the excuse before the Colts game for needing to keep him but still? Really? 

It’s not just QB, it’s O-line, it’s receiver, I can’t watch this offense anymore. Anyone who has anything to do with this offense needs to be let go. It’s just sooooo bad, watching other games is legitametely like watching another sport. Our passing offense hasn’t been good for a while, but we always had a good run game, now we don’t even have that. We look like we belong in 1962. It’s so bad, so so so bad. Josh cannot be surrounded by people like this if he is ever going to have a chance to succeed. I like Sean, i do, I’m thankful for breaking that dreaded curse, but the league nowadays is about setting up bright offensive minds with up and coming QB’s. Josh doesn’t have that and he’s one of the only ones. We need to give him the best chance there is and can anyone say with a straight face that they have faith in anyone currently employed by the Bills to help groom him, along with building an offense? Because i don’t. Thanks for what you did, but good riddance to this regime. This entire season has been an atrocity, you can’t trot out a bottom 10 offense if not worse of all time, in an era specifically designed to score points and expect to keep your job.

Wow. Serious dose of over-reaction IMO. Sofbillsfan nailed it. You don't expect to be this unlucky with injuries at just one position. I get it, though, the hand we were dealt sucks, but there is no way I will continue watching the Bills if the Pegulas once again overhaul our front office. We know that constant churning of leadership leads to mediocrity - we've seen it for decades. It doesn't work. Peterman is not an ideal starter, barely a respectable back-up. As bad as he is, Logan Thomas couldn't surpass him on the depth chart. Thomas is not a real option, OK? Our cupboard at this position is bare, not because they didn't try, but because the cups got broken. They drafted a 1st round QB. They went out and got a veteran...admittedly later than I wanted, but still they went for it after they realized what they didn't have with Peterman. Both got injured. Now, some of you want Kaepernick? Honestly, I'd take him if we could get him. Who's to say Beane and McD didn't want him too? Isn't it possible the Pegulas have no interest in him? Like it or not, they did make some moves, it just didn't work out like we had hoped.

As for continuing to just grab whoever we can find and starting that person instead of Peterman, can you imagine the ridicule we would get?!? Everyone would be saying, "Did they really expect another QB off the street to simply come in with next to no practice time and be successful? Talk about losing the locker room...what player would be cool with another player off the street coming in and starting, when he didn't EARN it in practice? Peterman is no long term answer at the position, but at least he has some sort of idea what our playbook looks like and what his teammates might do after the ball has been snapped. Look, we are going to be very near the cellar this year. It's not just because Peteman isn't even a mediocre starter, though. Our offense is sub-standard. Period. We really do just need to get through the season and continue to add key pieces where we can. It is going to take some time, because, even though we made the playoffs last year, we did it with a D that got incredibly lucky early in the season getting a lot of turnovers, the benefit of playing in a very weak AFC, and a lot of help from other teams. We may have made the playoffs, but we were far from a quality team. We had a lot of holes and were only able to fill a few of them over the past year. I know it has gotten old hearing it, but it really is a process and that process is so substantial it won't happen overnight.

7 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

Wow. Serious dose of over-reaction IMO. Sofbillsfan nailed it. You don't expect to be this unlucky with injuries at just one position. I get it, though, the hand we were dealt sucks, but there is no way I will continue watching the Bills if the Pegulas once again overhaul our front office. We know that constant churning of leadership leads to mediocrity - we've seen it for decades. It doesn't work. Peterman is not an ideal starter, barely a respectable back-up. As bad as he is, Logan Thomas couldn't surpass him on the depth chart. Thomas is not a real option, OK? Our cupboard at this position is bare, not because they didn't try, but because the cups got broken. They drafted a 1st round QB. They went out and got a veteran...admittedly later than I wanted, but still they went for it after they realized what they didn't have with Peterman. Both got injured. Now, some of you want Kaepernick? Honestly, I'd take him if we could get him. Who's to say Beane and McD didn't want him too? Isn't it possible the Pegulas have no interest in him? Like it or not, they did make some moves, it just didn't work out like we had hoped.

As for continuing to just grab whoever we can find and starting that person instead of Peterman, can you imagine the ridicule we would get?!? Everyone would be saying, "Did they really expect another QB off the street to simply come in with next to no practice time and be successful? Talk about losing the locker room...what player would be cool with another player off the street coming in and starting, when he didn't EARN it in practice? Peterman is no long term answer at the position, but at least he has some sort of idea what our playbook looks like and what his teammates might do after the ball has been snapped. Look, we are going to be very near the cellar this year. It's not just because Peteman isn't even a mediocre starter, though. Our offense is sub-standard. Period. We really do just need to get through the season and continue to add key pieces where we can. It is going to take some time, because, even though we made the playoffs last year, we did it with a D that got incredibly lucky early in the season getting a lot of turnovers, the benefit of playing in a very weak AFC, and a lot of help from other teams. We may have made the playoffs, but we were far from a quality team. We had a lot of holes and were only able to fill a few of them over the past year. I know it has gotten old hearing it, but it really is a process and that process is so substantial it won't happen overnight.

Dude, how are you ok with Peterman ever seeing the field again? How? Which interception or pick 6 did you miss? It’s inexcusable he shouldn’t be on an NFL roster. You mentioned the ridicule we’d get if we brought in someone that didn’t know the playbook. It’d be WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY worse if we start Peterman again. I honestly can’t believe you said Peterman and “barely a respectable back up” in the same sentence. That’s baffling. 

I think a lot of people are forgetting that we went into the season with Josh Allen (rookie) and Nathan Peterman (2nd year) as our only 2 starting QB’s. That is not a smart idea with our laughing stock of an offensive line. How can anyone justify only having Peterman to pair with a huge project in Josh Allen? What could they have possibly seen in Peterman to only roster two QB’s? People can make excuses of injuries the last few weeks, but I think this problem goes back further to training camp and the start of the season. Josh Allen should have never had to start week two if this staff did their due diligence. Hope for the best and plan for the worst. They clearly forgot the latter part of that statement.

3 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Dude, how are you ok with Peterman ever seeing the field again? How? Which interception or pick 6 did you miss? It’s inexcusable he shouldn’t be on an NFL roster. You mentioned the ridicule we’d get if we brought in someone that didn’t know the playbook. It’d be WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY worse if we start Peterman again. I honestly can’t believe you said Peterman and “barely a respectable back up” in the same sentence. That’s baffling. 

Is it ideal? No. (He'll be gone after this season and rightly so.) Is it our reality and the only REALISTIC option we have now? Yes. Ideally, I'd rather see Josh getting more experience, but he's not healthy. No way Anderson sees the field while in concussion protocol. Ideally, I also would have rather we picked up McCown or Bridgewater prior to this season beginning, but we can't go back in time. All this talk about signing Random Dude #1, #2, or #3 and having them come in and be even moderately successful is a wet dream. It would look exactly like Anderson's 1st game. Then again, maybe you'd like us to sign Chad Kelly?!? I mean he's related to Bills royalty, so that would be a great idea, right? LOL

BTW, as the designated clipboard holder (#3), Peterman makes sense. He knows the offense and can fill in when we are dealing with inuries...oh, look, that's where we are! However, I admit I should have chosen my earlier words about Peterman better.

3 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I think a lot of people are forgetting that we went into the season with Josh Allen (rookie) and Nathan Peterman (2nd year) as our only 2 starting QB’s. That is not a smart idea with our laughing stock of an offensive line. How can anyone justify only having Peterman to pair with a huge project in Josh Allen? What could they have possibly seen in Peterman to only roster two QB’s? People can make excuses of injuries the last few weeks, but I think this problem goes back further to training camp and the start of the season. Josh Allen should have never had to start week two if this staff did their due diligence. Hope for the best and plan for the worst. They clearly forgot the latter part of that statement.

To be fair, Peterman had impressed in practices and pre-season. It wasn't until things got real that we all figured out he was not the answer. I do agree that we should have had a veteran to show Josh the way from the get-go. That, to me, was the only huge mistake I've seen from our FO. I can understand the argument to focus on the D initially, given the state of our team and the fact that a good D can affect games even in bad weather, whereas the offense is affected by far more variables. Is it what I would have done? No, but after the strategic moves Beane made to get Allen and Edmunds, there really wasn't any quality O-Linemen available in the draft that could play well in a power/man blocking scheme anyway. All those decent O-Linemen still on the board were zone guys, so we didn't have much of a choice to beef up that group. Worse still, is the fact (aka, my belief) that this coming off-season's draftable O-Linemen are a small group and not deep at all. I expect it to take 2 more years before that group is fixed/tolerable on our team.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Beane and McDermott should be fired. I just enjoy the hilarity in circumstance that Peterman is starting again.

It would be like if we traveled to face the Jets the following week and Anderson and Josh Allen get into a bar fight, get arrested, and are in jail that Sunday forcing us to start Peterman again.

5 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

To be fair, Peterman had impressed in practices and pre-season. It wasn't until things got real that we all figured out he was not the answer. I do agree that we should have had a veteran to show Josh the way from the get-go. That, to me, was the only huge mistake I've seen from our FO. I can understand the argument to focus on the D initially, given the state of our team and the fact that a good D can affect games even in bad weather, whereas the offense is affected by far more variables. Is it what I would have done? No, but after the strategic moves Beane made to get Allen and Edmunds, there really wasn't any quality O-Linemen available in the draft that could play well in a power/man blocking scheme anyway. All those decent O-Linemen still on the board were zone guys, so we didn't have much of a choice to beef up that group. Worse still, is the fact (aka, my belief) that this coming off-season's draftable O-Linemen are a small group and not deep at all. I expect it to take 2 more years before that group is fixed/tolerable on our team.

Exactly some peoples expectations about them answering every situation with little to no cap, land their franchise qb and give him all the weapons he needs in one draft and expect to be contenders is laughable. They landed key pieces in the draft and free agency, same with 2016. now they have their qb and defense pretty much locked in except for a couple of positions (CB#2, Kyle Williams retiring and Alexander FA). Grabbing random guys off the streets is never ideal especially this time of year. For those who think others out there are better there is a reason why they are not signed week 9 its because they suck as bad as peterman. Players may not have the same feelings as we do because they see what he is doing on a daily basis and have been on the team with him for 2 years and have built relationships. As you said starting some random person just because he signed and didnt earn it will lose more players then keeping fans happy. Everyone is all over kapernick to be qb but the guy has been out of the league 2 years, also talk about losing a locker room this could cause a huge rift by the players who are for and against his "cause". Shady who has been a member of this team has been outspoken about him and never wanting to be his teammate. So people need to stop grasping at that idea of him going to be a bill, unfortunately he is a plague whether you are for or against his cause. 

Bills are currently picking 4th and this draft is extremely top heavy on defense so I expect the bills to land one of the top tier guys whether it is DT Houston Oliver or DE OSU Nick Bosa. Then picking later on for guys who can be an impact on offense. 

Plenty of options in Free Agency at the Oline position and some solid but few WRs out there. I can also see them making a trade for someone like Sanu as he will soon be pushed out now that Ridley is solidifying himself. 

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Exactly some peoples expectations about them answering every situation with little to no cap, land their franchise qb and give him all the weapons he needs in one draft and expect to be contenders is laughable. They landed key pieces in the draft and free agency, same with 2016. now they have their qb and defense pretty much locked in except for a couple of positions (CB#2, Kyle Williams retiring and Alexander FA). Grabbing random guys off the streets is never ideal especially this time of year. For those who think others out there are better there is a reason why they are not signed week 9 its because they suck as bad as peterman. Players may not have the same feelings as we do because they see what he is doing on a daily basis and have been on the team with him for 2 years and have built relationships. As you said starting some random person just because he signed and didnt earn it will lose more players then keeping fans happy. Everyone is all over kapernick to be qb but the guy has been out of the league 2 years, also talk about losing a locker room this could cause a huge rift by the players who are for and against his "cause". Shady who has been a member of this team has been outspoken about him and never wanting to be his teammate. So people need to stop grasping at that idea of him going to be a bill, unfortunately he is a plague whether you are for or against his cause. 

Bills are currently picking 4th and this draft is extremely top heavy on defense so I expect the bills to land one of the top tier guys whether it is DT Houston Oliver or DE OSU Nick Bosa. Then picking later on for guys who can be an impact on offense. 

Plenty of options in Free Agency at the Oline position and some solid but few WRs out there. I can also see them making a trade for someone like Sanu as he will soon be pushed out now that Ridley is solidifying himself. 

My argument was more geared towards the lack of QB experience to start the season. We knew our o line sucked. We lost a lot on the line and didn’t have the resources to add quality talent to replace them. We knew we were weak at WR going into the preseason and regular season. The writing was on the wall that it was going to be a long season for the offense. To only roster two inexperienced QB’s to start the season is inexcusable. Especially after how bad our o line looked in the preseason. Our QB’s were getting overwhelmed with pressure in the preseason vs vanilla defenses. What did they think would happen once the season started? McCarron got hurt in the preseason because of this awful o line. Again hope for the best PLAN FOR THE WORST.

Archived