Week 9 NO NO Peterman

soflbillsfan

14 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

My biggest issue is that they screwed up royally by only having two inexperienced QB's to start the season. There was no logical reason to only have Peterman to pair with Allen. They should have had at least three quarterbacks on the roster and possibly even a QB on the practice squad. We all knew it was going to be a rough year on offense. The offensive line was exposed in the preseason. How can anyone justify only keeping two quarterbacks after the way the offensive line looked? We knew our quarterbacks were going to take a beating behind our joke of an offensive line. Beane and McDermott screwed the pooch before the season even started. Their ineptitude is the reason why we're in this situation. At this point there's nothing we can really do. We have to roll with Peterman. But if Beane and McDermott did their due diligence, then we likely wouldn't have been put in this situation. Josh Allen should have never started week 2.

I agree not having anderson from the get go was a huge issue from the season starting. Aj McCarron shouldnt have been their pick up and to be honest there was no other qb that was picked up that was a seasoned veteran for cheap. McCown got a 10 mil deal, Sam Bradford got 20 mil deal, realistically who could they have brought in? Lets say Anderson was picked up before the season and if peterman started the season with Allen and Anderson backing up, they could have benched him for Anderson rather then Allen but at some point they would have had to start Allen anyways. All in all they have 3 qbs they think Peterman has some form of potential we do not see, maybe its more through practice and thats why they continue to keep him. I expect them to put money in to a back up qb this season when they actually have the funds. I can blame Beane and McDermott for the timing of the Anderson signing but I cannot blame them for not bringing in someone they couldnt afford. The last 2 years they have been strapped in cap space and I blame whaley for this situation but expect this 2019 offseason to play a huge role in Mcdermott and Beanes jobs. if they screw the pooch then and some how Peterman stays and do not upgrade the back up position then it would be time to put them on the hot seat. At this point they are just trying to save as much money as possible and go all in on 2019. Top 5 pick (hopefully top 3), 10 picks, and overall with cap roll over 100+ mil in room to land guys.

This is going to be an interesting game, except for the Peterman part. Our defense has been picking off a ton of passes and while our pass rush has been down we have been eating up the run.

The battle will be the Bears offense against the Bills defense. The Bears offense is inconsistent, not in game to game scoring, but quarter to quarter. In the last few games we have done nothing in the 1st half and then come out of halftime and scored 24-31 points in a half. I wondering if it plays out the same because the Bills defense gets gassed because Peterman cannot sustain drives.

Man I just had to laugh at some of the comments in here. McDermott and Beane probably have some of the best job security in league and they aren't going anywhere. Making the playoffs last year bought them a few years to truly rebuild the team the way they wanted to. Have there been bumps? Of course. They are both rookies in their respective positions. Trading away McCarron was stupid, but I'm thinking that they probably learned from that. 

Listen...no one thought they would make the playoffs this year. Vegas literally had the over/under at 3 total wins this year. Lol point being, this is a rebuilding year through and through. We gave away a starting QB that literally took us to the playoffs and replaced him with a rookie with not ONE bonafide starter on the offensive line. And what receivers do we have to throw it to? None. 

The Bills have over $80 million in cap space for FA next year, and will obviously have a good draft position. Give it time people, and like it or not, McBeane is here to stay.

And hate to burst y'all's bubble, but they had no choice but to start Peterman this week if Anderson (officially questionable) cannot go. Barkley came in on Tuesday off the street, so he's obviously not going to start. The way our O-line protects though, I wouldn't be surprised to see Petey get killed. 

2 hours ago, leeevans83d said:

Man I just had to laugh at some of the comments in here. McDermott and Beane probably have some of the best job security in league and they aren't going anywhere. Making the playoffs last year bought them a few years to truly rebuild the team the way they wanted to. Have there been bumps? Of course. They are both rookies in their respective positions. Trading away McCarron was stupid, but I'm thinking that they probably learned from that. 

Listen...no one thought they would make the playoffs this year. Vegas literally had the over/under at 3 total wins this year. Lol point being, this is a rebuilding year through and through. We gave away a starting QB that literally took us to the playoffs and replaced him with a rookie with not ONE bonafide starter on the offensive line. And what receivers do we have to throw it to? None. 

The Bills have over $80 million in cap space for FA next year, and will obviously have a good draft position. Give it time people, and like it or not, McBeane is here to stay.

And hate to burst y'all's bubble, but they had no choice but to start Peterman this week if Anderson (officially questionable) cannot go. Barkley came in on Tuesday off the street, so he's obviously not going to start. The way our O-line protects though, I wouldn't be surprised to see Petey get killed. 

I wish people would stop saying they had no choice but to start Peterman. Why wasn’t he cut right after week one, or after week 2 to give someone else a week to learn the playbook because that seems to be so important to you guys? And the no weapons part, and not good offensive line, is also their fault. Oh don’t get to have some of the “safest job security in the league” when you have the worst offense of all time in a year where scoring is at an all time high across the board.

I don't want 5-6 wins. So I could care less who starts. I'm more concerned about getting Josh Allen developed and adding better talent or at least the opportunity to get the better talent.

McD and Beane have great security and have proven they can win. This off season will be big and will determine there long term potential 

19 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I don't want 5-6 wins. So I could care less who starts. I'm more concerned about getting Josh Allen developed and adding better talent or at least the opportunity to get the better talent.

McD and Beane have great security and have proven they can win. This off season will be big and will determine there long term potential 

Right there with you. I still think we will only see a small incremental improvement on offense because of a weak market & draft class of O-Linemen coupled with the reality that it usually takes a while for rookie WR's to perform well on the NFL stage. That said, I do expect that next year is the season Zay makes a big jump up in production. It will be year 3 and his 2nd working with Allen. Who knows what we'll see for a running game. OL play will be a huge factor (for better or worse) as I see us needing 4 new bodies and I don't see Shady being that much of a threat anymore. I like Ivory as a power presence and Murphy, to me, is a poor man's Duke Johnson, someone best utilized in a committee.

Archived