Week 9 NO NO Peterman

soflbillsfan

well they added Matt Barkley to the roster for those who expect someone to over take Peterman as the 3rd qb. To me the season was a loss the day I watched the Bengals dline destroy the oline and knew it was going to be a long one. I knew it was going to be tough to fill every hole with the limited cap space and the draft picks which were even less with getting 2 top talented players early. I do knock them for not bringing in anderson earlier then what they did and that is something that has annoyed me however to me its not worth expecting them to be fired over. Its beanes 1st entire year and he has made adjustments to put the bills in great cap position and brought in solid contributors so far. The defense has been great and hopefully it will continue while building up the offense this offseason

People really complaining about Peterman starting??? Really? He is only healthy QB on the roster.

People would rather have Logan Thomas who hasn't played QB in years or Matt Barkley who hasn't even been on the team a day.

I get it Peterman sucks but the game would be much worse with signing someone off the street 5 days ahead of the game or a guy who hasn't played the position in a long time.

I honestly think Bills planned on signing another QB to be 3rd and dropping Peterman. But with Allen's injury we kinda were forced to keep Nate as the backup. Once Allen and Anderson are both healthy I see Nate will be gone. I see the QB room looking like this once everyone is healthy

1. Josh Allen

2. Derek Anderson

3. Matt Barkley

Maybe see Matt Barkley released and sign Kyle Allen to PS may also be likely.

40 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

People really complaining about Peterman starting??? Really? He is only healthy QB on the roster.

People would rather have Logan Thomas who hasn't played QB in years or Matt Barkley who hasn't even been on the team a day.

I get it Peterman sucks but the game would be much worse with signing someone off the street 5 days ahead of the game or a guy who hasn't played the position in a long time.

I honestly think Bills planned on signing another QB to be 3rd and dropping Peterman. But with Allen's injury we kinda were forced to keep Nate as the backup. Once Allen and Anderson are both healthy I see Nate will be gone. I see the QB room looking like this once everyone is healthy

1. Josh Allen

2. Derek Anderson

3. Matt Barkley

Maybe see Matt Barkley released and sign Kyle Allen to PS may also be likely.

Exactly! Thats why I dont get why so many people are up in arms about this but it is what it is and like you said I do think the plan was to move on from Peterman but Allen's injury hurt the situation. Kyle Allen signed with Panthers PS yesterday so I can see them moving forward with these 3. I also wouldnt be surprised that they draft in the late round the UB qb if available.

What you two don’t understand is why is Peterman on the roster in the first place? Why wasn’t he cut after week one and replaced with a backup? Why Didn’t they sign another QB to go along with Anderson so that they could cut Peterman ASAP. WHY IS HE STILL ON THE ROSTER. No **** they have no choice now, but why the f is he still on the team?

39 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

What you two don’t understand is why is Peterman on the roster in the first place? Why wasn’t he cut after week one and replaced with a backup? Why Didn’t they sign another QB to go along with Anderson so that they could cut Peterman ASAP. WHY IS HE STILL ON THE ROSTER. No **** they have no choice now, but why the f is he still on the team?

I agree. They went into the season and even after week 1 with two QB's. Two really green quarterbacks too. I don't know how much more evidence they needed to know Peterman isn't an NFL caliber QB let alone a starter. This mess has been building up for months and should have been addressed prior to the injuries. Obviously there's nothing they can do about it now, since they effed it up to start with. We're stuck with Peterman. And at this point we might as well just suck and get a top 3 pick. I don't want Josh Allen to play again this season.

The issue isn't even really that they're starting him now because they ran out of bodies.

The issue is that, really, there's no reason they should have run out of bodies when your choice is *insert any other QB here* and Nathan Peterman.

At this point I just feel bad for Peterman, he's become a meme that will haunt him forever.

3 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

We couldn't cut him after week 1. Peterman was the only other QB on the roster. We wouldn't have had a backup if we did that. We would have needed to sign someone and cut him after a few weeks. Which is what I think the deal was after we signed Anderson. When we signed Anderson. I thought for sure that Peterman would be cut in a week or 2 and we would add a 3rd QB to the practice squad. Or maybe sign Landry Jones who we worked out. But then Allen got hurt.

And you couldn't just sign another QB with Anderson. And cut Peterman. If we did that we would have had one QB for Texans game... and a guy on the roster for 5 days  would have had to come into the game if we went that option Thats why you need to get Anderson up to speed with playbook before you can bring in someone else to replace Nate.

1 hour ago, marshawn lynch said:

We couldn't cut him after week 1. Peterman was the only other QB on the roster. We wouldn't have had a backup if we did that. We would have needed to sign someone and cut him after a few weeks. Which is what I think the deal was after we signed Anderson. When we signed Anderson. I thought for sure that Peterman would be cut in a week or 2 and we would add a 3rd QB to the practice squad. Or maybe sign Landry Jones who we worked out. But then Allen got hurt.

And you couldn't just sign another QB with Anderson. And cut Peterman. If we did that we would have had one QB for Texans game... and a guy on the roster for 5 days  would have had to come into the game if we went that option Thats why you need to get Anderson up to speed with playbook before you can bring in someone else to replace Nate.

It really isn’t hyperbole in saying any vet off the street with 5 days to learn the playbook of the worst offense of all time is better than Peterman. It’s atrocious that Nathan Peterman is getting chance after chance while Kaep sits at home. I understand why teams aren’t signing him, because of the backlash they’d get from the ****ty part of America, it’s just really unfortunate.

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

The issue isn't even really that they're starting him now because they ran out of bodies.

The issue is that, really, there's no reason they should have run out of bodies when your choice is *insert any other QB here* and Nathan Peterman.

At this point I just feel bad for Peterman, he's become a meme that will haunt him forever.

I feel awful for him, the poor kid is just being thrown to the wolves time and time again when he clearly isn’t capable of success. It probably makes him hate the sport he grew up loving which is awful in and of itself. He has zero chance of doing anything against the Bears this weekend, and now according to everyone else here he’s gonna have to play the whole game because it’s impossible for another QB to learn the playbook that quick. Poor ******* kid. I pray to God his play is passable on Sunday, for his mental health alone.

46 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I feel awful for him, the poor kid is just being thrown to the wolves time and time again when he clearly isn’t capable of success. It probably makes him hate the sport he grew up loving which is awful in and of itself. He has zero chance of doing anything against the Bears this weekend, and now according to everyone else here he’s gonna have to play the whole game because it’s impossible for another QB to learn the playbook that quick. Poor ******* kid. I pray to God his play is passable on Sunday, for his mental health alone.

Yeah it really is just awful watching it cause from everything he's said and done, he's a good kid who's tried his hardest and worked his *** off to get where he is right now. Even just making the NFL is a tremendous achievement and then they decided to bench Tyrod last year for no good reason and ruined any hope he ever really had. I get that the Browns are a QB cycle meme, but it's not like we've been, really, any better off than them in terms of QB development. Our last first round QB isn't even in the NFL anymore, the one before him lasted a single year longer. We've never even developed a semi-capable backup QB here and now this 23 year old kid is going to get the hell beaten out of him for 60 minutes while the entire country laughs at him.

8 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

It really isn’t hyperbole in saying any vet off the street with 5 days to learn the playbook of the worst offense of all time is better than Peterman. It’s atrocious that Nathan Peterman is getting chance after chance while Kaep sits at home. I understand why teams aren’t signing him, because of the backlash they’d get from the ****ty part of America, it’s just really unfortunate.

I mean Kap is just as bad... I mean he has had games where he threw 4 INTs and he even had a game where he threw 4 yards through 3 quarters. You combine his inconsistent play with a potential bad business decision and bad backlash is why he is still available.

And let's not act like he hadn't had any offers. He has turned down some really good contract offers. Notably from 49ers.

The one thing giving me hope is that Nate Peterman actually has really good stats at New Era Field... This is gonna be is first start at home. Besides the snow game.

16 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Here is the reason why they didnt cut him for you to not understand why. These players spent an entire offseason learning their new play book, building chemistry with their receivers, and going through the process of trying to get better as a qb. You do not learn this stuff on the fly with in a couple weeks and expect to be contenders. As I mentioned qbs who are still available, are for a reason. They should have gone after a veteran qb in the beginning and not just aj mccarron. With that said you cant go out and get a qb when you have little to no cap space and when you do you go get guys like Tyrod Taylor, Sam Bradford, guys like that who last 2-3 games before being benched and paying them 15-20 mil a year which the bills do not have. Going back to the initial reason they didnt cut Peterman is because he knows the play book and knows his weapons may not be the best option or even a mediocre option but this is the only option you have. When you picked up anderson to come in and learn the playbook, thinking they can move on from peterman once they are comfortable with anderson being up to speed. Unfortunately that did not happen as Allen went down with an injury 4 days later which changed any ideas of letting peterman go. Now that you have Allen down they brought in a few guys to see what they have as an option and they werent comfortable with them. Now that Anderson is down they had to go back to the drawing board to find someone who will have to come in learn the playbook go through practices building chemistry with the weapons on the team and see if it fits. This takes time but some of you expect this stuff to pop in over night. Its like a new job you go through training to learn what your company has and what you have to do. Your not going to go in to this new job working at 100% without asking questions or expecting how the company works on the first day. It just doesnt work like that. So keeping peterman around was the right move as he knows the play book, he know the snap counts, knows his weapons etc. The most important position in the league and you want some guy to come in for 4 days or 1 week, 2 weeks and expect him to start is crazy, there is a reason why they have a 3 month offseason training.

11 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

The reason he is sitting at home is because he has an active lawsuit with the NFL. If you ate a bad burger at McDonald and you were currently unemployed and you decided to sue them, and desperately needed a new job would you expect McDonald's to hire you at that time? NO... It is his fault for being at home sitting on the couch not the league, not the fans, not anyone else other them himself. He chose to continue to push his beliefs and expected backlash. Yes this is america and you have every right to freedom of speech but the NFL is also a business and when you are questioning your company and pushing them they will let you go just like every other company in america. You are getting paid to be on the field so you do what your bosses tell you and if you want to cause issues and arent willing to do what the company is telling you, then they have every right to move on from you. Also he had every option to play in the arena football league, the canadian football league like Manziel did and then build yourself back up to show the nfl they were wrong but instead he wants to take it to court. He could have also gone another route rather then suing he could have taken a spot like guys did such as brock osweiler and went with a veteran minimum qb contract but instead he told teams he wasn't taking anything less than 10 mil so why the hell would any team what that nightmare to be added to a team? That is his decision and should not impact the bills in anyway. You go with what is out there and its guys like Matt Barkley, Landry Jones, Paxton Lynch, and Ryan Mallet. 

5 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Here is the reason why they didnt cut him for you to not understand why. These players spent an entire offseason learning their new play book, building chemistry with their receivers, and going through the process of trying to get better as a qb. You do not learn this stuff on the fly with in a couple weeks and expect to be contenders. As I mentioned qbs who are still available, are for a reason. They should have gone after a veteran qb in the beginning and not just aj mccarron. With that said you cant go out and get a qb when you have little to no cap space and when you do you go get guys like Tyrod Taylor, Sam Bradford, guys like that who last 2-3 games before being benched and paying them 15-20 mil a year which the bills do not have. Going back to the initial reason they didnt cut Peterman is because he knows the play book and knows his weapons may not be the best option or even a mediocre option but this is the only option you have. When you picked up anderson to come in and learn the playbook, thinking they can move on from peterman once they are comfortable with anderson being up to speed. Unfortunately that did not happen as Allen went down with an injury 4 days later which changed any ideas of letting peterman go. Now that you have Allen down they brought in a few guys to see what they have as an option and they werent comfortable with them. Now that Anderson is down they had to go back to the drawing board to find someone who will have to come in learn the playbook go through practices building chemistry with the weapons on the team and see if it fits. This takes time but some of you expect this stuff to pop in over night. Its like a new job you go through training to learn what your company has and what you have to do. Your not going to go in to this new job working at 100% without asking questions or expecting how the company works on the first day. It just doesnt work like that. So keeping peterman around was the right move as he knows the play book, he know the snap counts, knows his weapons etc. The most important position in the league and you want some guy to come in for 4 days or 1 week, 2 weeks and expect him to start is crazy, there is a reason why they have a 3 month offseason training.

My biggest issue is that they screwed up royally by only having two inexperienced QB's to start the season. There was no logical reason to only have Peterman to pair with Allen. They should have had at least three quarterbacks on the roster and possibly even a QB on the practice squad. We all knew it was going to be a rough year on offense. The offensive line was exposed in the preseason. How can anyone justify only keeping two quarterbacks after the way the offensive line looked? We knew our quarterbacks were going to take a beating behind our joke of an offensive line. Beane and McDermott screwed the pooch before the season even started. Their ineptitude is the reason why we're in this situation. At this point there's nothing we can really do. We have to roll with Peterman. But if Beane and McDermott did their due diligence, then we likely wouldn't have been put in this situation. Josh Allen should have never started week 2.

Archived