Nathan Pinterman starting next week against Chicago

Elky

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

What else do you expect McDermott to do.

I expect him to not go into the season with a rookie as raw as Allen and Peterman as the starter. I expect him to cut ties with Peterman after week 1 or at the very least after the Houston game. The way he and Beane handled the whole QB situation since trading away Tyrod has been a total and complete disaster. People have been fired for much less. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I expect him to not go into the season with a rookie as raw as Allen and Peterman as the starter. I expect him to cut ties with Peterman after week 1 or at the very least after the Houston game. The way he and Beane handled the whole QB situation since trading away Tyrod has been a total and complete disaster. People have been fired for much less. 

I'd put that more on the front office then I would McDermott.  You can say they should have kept Tyrod around and let Allen sit and learn for a bit but hard to turn down a 3rd round pick for a mediocre QB who was due to get paid $16M this season.

I would have kept McCarron around at the very least since he's better than Peterman, although that's not saying much.

28 minutes ago, celestial said:

Buffalo coaching staff and GM should all be fired by now. What's taking so long?

I think this is a reach. 

McDermott is a good coach.  Seems like he was force fed a rookie in Josh Allen (who may turn out to be very good) and told to win with a garbage o-line.

Did people just suddenly forget that the Bills made playoffs for first time in like 17 years last year with McDermott at the helm?  You can at least see he has the defense playing hard.

50 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I would have kept McCarron around at the very least since he's better than Peterman, although that's not saying much.

I'm still trying to figure out what happened on that. I think everyone assumed that McCarron was getting the starting gig with a chance to play Drew Brees to Josh Allen's Phillip Rivers. There's reason to believe that a good 16 games of handing the ball off to Shady and letting the defense do its thing would have either led to another 16 games as the starter in Buffalo or a trade to a QB needy team - both of those being good things for McCarron.

How did that go so far sideways?

51 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I think this is a reach. 

McDermott is a good coach.  Seems like he was force fed a rookie in Josh Allen (who may turn out to be very good) and told to win with a garbage o-line.

Did people just suddenly forget that the Bills made playoffs for first time in like 17 years last year with McDermott at the helm?  You can at least see he has the defense playing hard.

The only reason Buffalo made the playoffs is because Baltimore had Dean Pees at DC.

56 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I'd put that more on the front office then I would McDermott.  You can say they should have kept Tyrod around and let Allen sit and learn for a bit but hard to turn down a 3rd round pick for a mediocre QB who was due to get paid $16M this season.

That's because you don't know how the Bills are run. McDermott is the captain of the ship and Beane was hired after McDermott because of McDermott. 

I don't dislike the trade of Taylor. I still understand the reasoning behind it. It's the events that followed that myself and most Bills wondering what the heck is going on.

14 minutes ago, Elky said:

The only reason Buffalo made the playoffs is because Baltimore had Dean Pees at DC.

If you say so. Either way you can say that about a lot of teams.  It's a game of inches. 

All I know is that McDermott managed to do what no other Buffalo coach has done in 17 years in his first season as head coach, and now people are calling for his head because his rookie QB is hurt and his o-line is comprised mainly of backup level talent after losing 2 starters to injury/retirement and 1 via trade which helped them get Allen.  SMH.

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

That's because you don't know how the Bills are run. McDermott is the captain of the ship and Beane was hired after McDermott because of McDermott. 

I don't dislike the trade of Taylor. I still understand the reasoning behind it. It's the events that followed that myself and most Bills wondering what the heck is going on.

I don't know how the power structure works with that team but I will say that I'm a bit surprised that they went with just Allen and Peterman at QB going into this season.  That was a mistake for sure.

Either way it was expected to be a transition year for this team after trading Tyrod away and losing 3 starters on the o-line.

7 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

If you say so. Either way you can say that about a lot of teams.  It's a game of inches. 

All I know is that McDermott managed to do what no other Buffalo coach has done in 17 years in his first season as head coach, and now people are calling for his head because his rookie QB is hurt and his o-line is comprised mainly of backup level talent after losing 2 starters to injury/retirement.  SMH.

McDermott nearly cost them that playoff spot by starting Pinterman when they were 5-4. He's very lucky Baltimore choked or he would have been immediately placed on the hot seat.

Archived