Week 9 GDT: Houston Texans vs Denver Broncos

Texansfan713

Man - full on apollodamus on that one - I literally pointed to the exact spot on tv he was going to miss it - fingerprint on replay and everything! 

We had absolutely no right to win that game, but we've actually "won" 1 game vs. "not lost" 5 others.  This O'Brien streak just keeps reinforcing his garbage hyperconservative play, but in a results business - the results don't have asterisks.  BTW - Defense keeps giving up potential crunch time losses and getting bailed out, so Romeo has work to do too (if Case Keenum is marching down the field on you, we ain't stoppin Brady, Ben, Mahomes, or Rivers in the playoffs - maybe Dalton).

Never been a better timed bye week.   DThomas needs a crash course on this offense as 14 pointless 1st down runs up the middle aren't going to cut it.  Coutee better come back strong as we need the short game.  Griffin is complete dead weight on this offense and needs to be phased out completely as does Fulton who has created as many holes as Domino's has filled with their stupid pothole campaign.  We gotta refill this LB core if Peters is getting snaps.

Gunna hurt to root for the Cowboys tomorrow, but Titans are my 31st favorite team and 3 games up on the entire division heading into the bye sure sounds nice and I'm happy to support Garrett's continued employment up I-45.  AFC South Banners are a bit like our Women's basketball banners at Baylor where you're a bit embarassed to hang em, but beats hanging an 8th double digit loss season bannner in the Bullpen urinal this year (1 more baby and frankly 7-9 probably wins this division anyway).     

Good game guys.  You had no run game, your worst T had to leave the game and you only had Nuk as a legit threat.  DT didn’t even know where to line up in the 4Q.   And you still pulled the W out.   

We needed to be 3-6 long term so don’t take anything I say above to disparage your team.  Road W are always tough.   In the end my faith that our inferior coaching and QB play would overcome our fierce pass rush and HFA won out - but just barely.  We will take it as getting Vance Joseph fired ASAP and improving our draft position are far more important.    Good luck in the AFCS battle.   Getting Coutee back and DT fully integrated into your O will make a world of difference.  

BTW, in case you guys you think BoB is a problem, just appreciate that Vance Joseph did a far worse job today.  Let's recap, it's a doozie:

-Challenged a meaningless Nuk Hopkins catch that clearly was never getting reversed under 2018's rules.  Which shows he doesn't understand 2018's rules.

-Rushed the DEN ST unit to try a 62-yard FG (which in altitude, is definitely do-able).   But as they were rushed (weren't even lined up until 8 secs were left on the play clock, and weren't ready to snap until 4 secs left), then it was one of the worst FG attempts you will ever see.

-The field position then allowed HOU to get a FG of their own, where VJ then uses the TO to freeze the HOU K, who missed on the 1st attempt as he called TO, but then made the 2nd.   Now, that's just standard coaching strategy, so can't really put that on VJ, but just typical.

-On 2nd down, when HOU is trying to kill clock and get another 1st down that would have a GW drive really tough - VJ calls a TO, despite the fact the HOU OL is hurt.   OK, not great. But worse, when the officials call an injury TO and offers Vance to get back his TO - he refuses.   And still takes the TO, even though this only saves 25 secs left, at most.   SMH.  

-But the clincher - when Keenum somehow converts a 4th and 8 to get the ball to the HOU 35 with 45+ secs left and 1 TO still left (and HOU with only 1 TO, so can't force the clock to stop)...he lets the O run 2 short-yardage plays that only net 1 yard in those 45 secs.   NO attempt to get really closer.  And of course, the missed 51-yard FG by McManus.

Now, McManus gets the goat horns for sure - that's what K's are paid to do.  But VJ's coaching as if a 50+ yard FG is a lock, even in Mile High, well, that's just nuts.    

It's so nuts, that look at BoB's reaction as he leaves the field.  Yeah, he gets the score....

15 hours ago, amazingandre said:
15 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

It’s about time Clowney does something. It’s been 2 1/2 games. 

Wrong. Clowney is the best run defender in the game. Offenses get zero push on his side, that's why they keep running at Watt who has been running upfield too much lately. 

He's only behind Donald, Danielle Hunter and DeMarcus Lawrence in TFLs this season. I'd argue he's been the most consistent player in the front seven, even over Watt (who is trying to freestyle too much and costing the team every time).

The Lions signed WR Bruce Ellington and cut RB Ameer Abdullah.  I think it's a great fit for Ellington and Abdullah is worth bringing in for a look for us as, like fetch, Foreman just ain't happening, especially if he's not even practicing during the bye week.  Abdullah is a decent special teamer and can catch the ball out of the backfield.   Ervin has earned the right to stay as our returner, but Abdullah could fill the Pope role we are still missing (or we could just bring back Pope).  If I see Blue split out as a receiver one more time I'm going to break my remote!  This Buddy Howell guy seems to be a solid coverage guy for a RB, but in games like this week where nothing is happening with Miller or Blue, it would be nice to shake it up with some outside speed like Pope/Abdullah.

Archived