Who should replace Dix?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Dix?

• Tramon Williams
    • Josh Jackson
    • Josh Jones
    • Whitehead
    • Other (Green, Breeland, Brown)

Wasn't Jones hurt early? He's finally healthy. At least he looked healthy against the Rams. I think he might be a fine strong safety, or whatever that's called these days, box safety? Need a legit free safety though. Didn't TWill play some safety in Cleveland and wasn't Pettine coaching then? Please refresh my memory. I doubt Gute would have dealt HaHa if there wasn't a plan to replace him. Can't wait for the next game to see what it is. Should keep the Pats guessing too, and that's a good thing!

5 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I think like one game vs the panthers he gave up a big play, but I don't recall if he did on a regular basis.

I meant coming out of college.  Draft profiles said he’s very athletic and a big hitter. But also that he has trouble identifying and covering routes and gets in trouble focusing on the QB causing him to get burned esp on play action.  

But at this point, we need to see what we have in him.  Let’s just play him to his strengths. 

26 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Why waste a roster spot on Trevor Davis when we have Randall Cobb?

We don't have to worry about Davis being mad he got benched on offense and doing something stupid because he will never play on offense. Does that count? lol

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

We don't have to worry about Davis being mad he got benched on offense and doing something stupid because he will never play on offense. Does that count? lol

Yeah but isn’t Trevor the original Ty on special teams?  

Just now, thrILL! said:

Yeah but isn’t Trevor the original Ty on special teams?  

How so? As far as mistakes? I always felt like him being mistake prone was pretty overrated. I think people were mad at home mostly because he was FCing too many punts.

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

How so? As far as mistakes? I always felt like him being mistake prone was pretty overrated. I think people were mad at home mostly because he was FCing too many punts.

It was.  He developed a reputation for fair catching balls at the 5, despite the fact that he didn't fair catch a single punt at the 5 all year.  He did FC one at the 6 and one at the 8, and as Tramon showed us this weekend, sometimes there's a good reason not to let the ball bounce there.  Starting at the 5 sucks, starting at the half yard line is much worse.

1 hour ago, pacman5252 said:

Basically I'm cool with options 1-3. I'd prefer 2/3

1. Tramon- old vet, logical choice

2. Jackson- promise/ballskills, probably not a corner

3. Jones- Talented, would be nice to see if he can play.

Jackson probably not a corner?  Lol. 

Nope. 

46 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I thought the knock on Jones was that he’s bad in coverage.  Why would we want him at FS then?  We’d have 2 safeties who couldn’t cover anyone. 

How about Tramon at FS and Jones at SS?  Let Jackson take Tramon’s spot at CB. 

This feels like the most likely thing. 

Or Whitehead to FS and Breeland to the slot.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

You mean some guy thats sitting at home now or stocking shelves somewhere? No clue.
I dont even know what RBs we've got on the PS - which doesnt give me the warm and fuzzies about bringing him up and giving his snaps.
Doesnt seem as if a FB is schemed into our offense anymore - but there's been instances where one might have come in handy.............(I wont mention the most recent).

No - I'd be happy with Davis just doing the return work. Give that squad some positive yards - plus - you may have noticed, we dont seem to have every punt return getting called back for a penalty.....which seemed to happen 2 out or every 3 returns last year.

Akrum Wadley can do a lot of what Monty brought to the table.

Davis seems likely to be activated.  I don't have a problem with that now that MVS and EQ are beginning to establish themselves.  

5 minutes ago, Cheech said:

Akrum Wadley can do a lot of what Monty brought to the table.

Davis seems likely to be activated.  I don't have a problem with that now that MVS and EQ are beginning to establish themselves.  

Is Wadley on our PS? I guess so, thats why you're mentioning him.....

Agree regards MVS/EQ. I like the WR rotation we've got going now - and I like the depth and different packages / personnel groups we can throw out there - meaning, I also want Cobb  catching passes and not returning stuff. Lets leave a strong position (now) alone. Injuries will (or might) deplete that depth soon enough.

Sorry guys - but in my book BOTH Cobb and Davis have value.

We need a return guy? (I think we do......) We know where we can find one - if he's healthy - of which I've no clue.

He fell to the second because there were questions on whether he could play man. It is a serious question. You don't need to a jerk.

If Pettine wants to run man concepts, Jackson might need to play safety (which would also utilize his ballskills).

Archived