74 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Dix?

• Tramon Williams
    • Josh Jackson
    • Josh Jones
    • Whitehead
    • Other (Green, Breeland, Brown)

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Josh Jones has had 4 defensive snaps all year. 

Whitehead has 206 and Brice 446. Tramon got snaps there last week. I have a better chance than Jones of getting snaps at Safety on Sunday 

Oh....really?
Can you give us a brief synopsis of your game? Strengths...weaknesses? Height, weight....

:)

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Oh....really?
Can you give us a brief synopsis of your game? Strengths...weaknesses? Height, weight....

6'-4" 210 - I can go to the fridge and back while not fumbling a beer in 10 seconds flat. Knock a full second off that time in stressful situations like a commercial being over sooner than expected. I also helped coach my daughters softball team and sometimes had to bend over to pick up stuff

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Oh....really?

This.

Are you bigger than dix?

Are you longer than dix?

If he were lined up against you, how would you put your hands on dix?

If you were doubled-teamed by him and his clone, would you be able to handle two dix at once?

22 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

He fell to the second because there were questions on whether he could play man. It is a serious question. You don't need to a jerk.

If Pettine wants to run man concepts, Jackson might need to play safety (which would also utilize his ballskills).

He's more than answered those man questions already.  

He still needs to improve his run support, but he's a boundary CB.

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This.

Are you bigger than dix?

Are you longer than dix?

If he were lined up against you, how would you put your hands on dix?

If you were doubled-teamed by him and his clone, would you be able to handle two dix at once?

I listed my qualifications and they speak for themself

12 minutes ago, cannondale said:

6'-4" 210 - I can go to the fridge and back while not fumbling a beer in 10 seconds flat. Knock a full second off that time in stressful situations like a commercial being over sooner than expected. I also helped coach my daughters softball team and sometimes had to bend over to pick up stuff

Ha! Thats terrific!  You got the job....dont screw it up! LOL

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Is Wadley on our PS? I guess so, thats why you're mentioning him.....

Agree regards MVS/EQ. I like the WR rotation we've got going now - and I like the depth and different packages / personnel groups we can throw out there - meaning, I also want Cobb  catching passes and not returning stuff. Lets leave a strong position (now) alone. Injuries will (or might) deplete that depth soon enough.

Sorry guys - but in my book BOTH Cobb and Davis have value.

We need a return guy? (I think we do......) We know where we can find one - if he's healthy - of which I've no clue.

I agree, I like the WR rotation we have right now.  Why not use the strengths of a guy we are paying nearly $13 million, and get him more touches without decreasing the snaps for MVS and EQ, and not wasting one of your return from IR spots on Trevor Davis?

I keep on forgetting about Breeland. Really feel like he has major role to play in this move. 

The dude has never played safety in the NFL (that I recall?) and its not like its a move just any corner can make,  but his lack of play time has me really wondering if he has been working on a safety role. 

All said and done, its either Williams, Jones, Whitehead, Brice, Breeland (total outside chance)

*additional thought* 

Breeland gives the extra depth to move Williams if needed. 

1.) Tramon

2.) Whitehead

3.) Brice w/ Josh Jones at SS

4.) Greene or Tony Brown or even Breeland

5.) Marwin Evans or Quinten Rollins off the street.

6.) Charles Woodson or Nick Collins

Honestly Tony Brown would be intriguing to me.  He's physical and he's fast.  Not great ball skills but at least he will fill a hole with enthusiasm.

I think it's going to be Josh Jones but it could be Tramon with Breeland replacing his reps at CB. I think Josh Jackson ought to get more snaps at CB, NOT safety. 

As for Dix, once again, I was right about a guy who was overrated by Packer fans. He's a no tackle beotch who took terrible angles. Buh bye! 

Archived