74 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Dix?

• Tramon Williams
    • Josh Jackson
    • Josh Jones
    • Whitehead
    • Other (Green, Breeland, Brown)

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Alexander should be playing in the slot until he leaves this team. I have no idea why you would change that.

Agree completely. This guy's got what it takes. Please keep his relatively small and diminutive body healthy!
He's got the speed and attitude to succeed at this level.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So play Jones then and live and die by what he gives you. You spent a 2nd on him, you traded HHCD, this is what you wanted now make it work Gute/Mac. 

It's a knock on Pettine if he can't make something useful out of Jones. We saw the Bengals game. Guy certainly has tools.

Agreed, the bed has been made, time to lay in it. 

My concern at this point is that we had 3 Safeties playing full time. We traded the only one that's shown any kind of ability to play back without getting thrown on. Either the Packers know something we don't, (one of the CBs is moving, one of the bench Safeties can play back, one of the other starters can play back, they just haven't been asked to regularly) or we just took a chunk out of this defense.

23 minutes ago, Kepler said:

No one should be surprised if Haha starts to kick *** in Washington. He has the tools. I don't think he was happy in GB, and the change of scenery might change his attitude as well.

I think the issue is that since he was playing 100% of the snaps he is taking plays off because he doesn't want to get hurt. I think anyone would have seen an increase in effort once that 2nd contract came. 

18 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I think the issue is that since he was playing 100% of the snaps he is taking plays off because he doesn't want to get hurt. I think anyone would have seen an increase in effort once that 2nd contract came. 

Yep, he's been playing the business side for about 2 years now.

Maybe he will go all Eddie Lacy on China food after his next contract too. Wouldn't surprise me.

I bet he has a good effort 9 games in Wash though.

Just now, JBURGE said:

Exactly. A couple weeks ago Joe Whitt commented that DBs in the NFL were making business decisions on every play. Should I hit this guy or not was part of it. But I think it was also referring to Dix's lack of enthusiasm for playing the game this year.

I'm not sure guys like this are that coveted by GMs league wide. I wonder if he plans to sign with Washington? If not, I'd expect the same effort until he is FA. Or has he already signed?

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Agreed, the bed has been made, time to lay in it. 

My concern at this point is that we had 3 Safeties playing full time. We traded the only one that's shown any kind of ability to play back without getting thrown on. Either the Packers know something we don't, (one of the CBs is moving, one of the bench Safeties can play back, one of the other starters can play back, they just haven't been asked to regularly) or we just took a chunk out of this defense.

He got traded partly because he was the one they were throwing on, especially RZ.

Second bolded- ya think?  C'mon, you can watch all the tape you want, the fact is we are all armchair GMs with very little knowledge of the inside of the front office.

Just now, Dubz41 said:

He got traded partly because he was the one they were throwing on, especially RZ.

Second bolded- ya think?  C'mon, you can watch all the tape you want, the fact is we are all armchair GMs with very little knowledge of the inside of the front office.

Certainly wasn't the only one they were throwing on. Whitehead and Tramon got scored on too in the redzone. 

No doubt. That's why I emphasized it as a possibility. That said, you're always taking a risk when asking somebody to do something they've only really done in practice.

HaHa was handling 90+% of the single high looks this year. Brice has gotten a few looks here and there and didn't exactly distinguish himself. 

25 minutes ago, Norse65 said:

Exactly. A couple weeks ago Joe Whitt commented that DBs in the NFL were making business decisions on every play. Should I hit this guy or not was part of it.

There are 2 types of business decisions the defenders are making - its a function of the NFL rules as noted by Whitt. On individual plays, defenders have to consider the possibility of fines and the fines are so big that for a young player, he can lose his entire game day check for a bad hit. And as you noted, Whitt talked about it in his interview. Some of those calls are egregious, but the League still hands out the big fines anyways and those hurt the lower-paycheck players

The other business decision is about not getting hurt yourself, and protecting yourself from injury that may impact your future earnings/contract. One of the things I noted with HaHa is that he tended to play chaperone on many plays - content to run alongside the action and let others make the play without actually sticking his nose in there. Those are total business decisions. And while I don't care for them, I do understand them. The NFL is all about money these days - the love of the game is secondary to many of the players.

Its a bummer, but that's reality in today's NFL

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Certainly wasn't the only one they were throwing on. Whitehead and Tramon got scored on too in the redzone. 

No doubt. That's why I emphasized it as a possibility. That said, you're always taking a risk when asking somebody to do something they've only really done in practice.

HaHa was handling 90+% of the single high looks this year. Brice has gotten a few looks here and there and didn't exactly distinguish himself. 

Agreed.  The difference is that Whitehead and the rest weren't seeking more money for their mediocre play. 

So if we're only getting mediocre results- I'd rather have guys who will hit people and tackle. 

Just now, Shanedorf said:

There are 2 types of business decisions the defenders are making - its a function of the NFL rules as noted by Whitt. On individual plays, defenders have to consider the possibility of fines and the fines are so big that for a young player, he can lose his entire game day check for a bad hit. And as you noted, Whitt talked about it in his interview. Some of those calls are egregious, but the League still hands out the big fines anyways and those hurt the lower-paycheck players

The other business decision is about not getting hurt yourself, and protecting yourself from injury that may impact your future earnings/contract. One of the things I noted with HaHa is that he tended to play chaperone on many plays - content to run alongside the action and let others make the play without actually sticking his nose in there. Those are total business decisions. And while I don't care for them, I do understand them. The NFL is all about money these days - the love of the game is secondary to many of the players.

Its a bummer, but that's reality in today's NFL

Well explained. I've seen that for two years now with HaHa .He quit playing last year when Rodgers went down . And in a way I do understand it, but I don't appreciate a player who doesn't want to play his best while he is being paid. 

If we could watch the game from the all 22 angle people would have been happy to see the back end of him and not lamenting his departure.

10 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Agreed.  The difference is that Whitehead and the rest weren't seeking more money for their mediocre play. 

So if we're only getting mediocre results- I'd rather have guys who will hit people and tackle. 

Everybody is always seeking more money. It wasn't that long ago Brice's coach was talking to the press about making "business decisions" n regards to the Thielen TD.

And as nice as that sounds. It's a lot easier to find a Whitehead than a Clinton-Dix.

Ha Ha's play dropped so much that we all thought he was playing with a secret injury last year.  All along it was just a guy who didn't want to get hurt before a big payday .. made just enough splash plays to keep his name relevant in the league.  I actually surprised he was allowed to get away with horrible effort for so long.  The coaches could obviously see it, but didn't really do anything to curtail it.  Just an odd deal .. glad the guy is gone.

1 minute ago, Norse65 said:

Well explained. I've seen that for two years now with HaHa .He quit playing last year when Rodgers went down . And in a way I do understand it, but I don't appreciate a player who doesn't want to play his best while he is being paid. 

If we could watch the game from the all 22 angle people would have been happy to see the back end of him and not lamenting his departure.

I watch every game from the All22 angle.

If you think Brice is going to be any prettier back there than HaHa you either vastly underestimate HaHa or have a ton of faith in Brice that's probably not warranted.

Archived