Taking Bets: What will Amari Coopers stats be?

DaBoys

He has 280 yards and a TD.

If he gets 500 yards in his first 8 games with us, I'd had have to say that's pretty good. Considering what our offense is.

So 780 yards would be a good goal for him. 

Next year he needs to break out though.

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

He has 280 yards and a TD.

If he gets 500 yards in his first 8 games with us, I'd had have to say that's pretty good. Considering what our offense is.

So 780 yards would be a good goal for him. 

Next year he needs to break out though.

He has 280 yards in 5 games (6 if you include the game he got knocked out in against Seattle)

If he is healthy, 40 catches and 50 yards does not seem unrealistic (4.5 catches and 56 yards a game). For someone that we gave up a 1st round pick, I believe he needs to hit those numbers.

The argument people make on why a 1st for Amari is no big deal is because he is still relatively young, we would draft a receiver early and Amari has already proven he can play. 

So for someone proven and to give up that draft capital, he should hit those numbers.

Dez averaged 4.3 catches and 52 yards. We let him go for nothing and ate the cap hit. It's an issue for me if Amari cant top those stats since we had to give up a 1st round pick when we let a guy go and cost us money.

I believe the game plan will be to get him involved early. 

I think Jerry wants to prove everyone wrong that he made the right choice by feeding Amari.

Otherwise that's 3 receivers that he gave up premium picks for that didnt pan out.

Archived