Rams cut Guard J Brown; Claimed by Giants

I <3 Faulk

4 hours ago, El ramster said:

He was out worst linemen last year despite what other fans say. Our Oline has been so much better, but sad because he was valuable for depth. 

He was the worst OL. But being the worst OL on one of the best OL's in football isn't an insult. He was an average RG last year. A lot of teams have worse than that at OG.

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He was the worst OL. But being the worst OL on one of the best OL's in football isn't an insult. He was an average RG last year. A lot of teams have worse than that at OG.

Yep. As I pointed out in the Bears forum, he only gave up 1 sack and 5 penalties last season as a 16 game starter. 

I almost guarantee he will be picked by someone on the waiver within the next 24 hours.

13 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Are we not off better with Blythe than Brown? He was our weakest link.. 

16 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Are we not off better with Blythe than Brown? He was our weakest link.. 

Is Blythe better? Yes. But that doesn't change the weirdness of the decision to cut him. You're not going to do much better with regard to OL depth. They must be very confident in Noteboom and Allen.

Falcons should be all over this considering not 1 but both of our starting OG's are done for the season.  Wes Schwietzer is pure garbage and Ben Garland who i like is a 1 or 2 game depth at best not a rest of the season starter.   We did sign Zane Beatles a few days ago but im not sure he is anywhere near close to the pro bowl quality player he use to be and think Brown would be much better than all 3 of them.

13 hours ago, El ramster said:

He was out worst linemen last year despite what other fans say. Our Oline has been so much better, but sad because he was valuable for depth. 

8 hours ago, jrry32 said:

8 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Yep. As I pointed out in the Bears forum, he only gave up 1 sack and 5 penalties last season as a 16 game starter. 

I almost guarantee he will be picked by someone on the waiver within the next 24 hours.

It's a testament to how ridiculously talented your team has to be that he's considered a guy worth cutting.  There are likely 10 teams he'd start for at G, and about 5-6 teams he'd start for at T right now.  DEN is one of those teams he'd probably qualify at both spots (ARI being another).

NYG, BUF, ARI all have earlier WW priority on DEN - unless they've used their priority.  I'd love it if DEN took a shot on Brown, with Leary likely not returning, we have no real 2019 G candidate.  He's a UFA for 2019, so not like we could keep him for sure, but whoever signs him, if they start him, they could easily get a team-friendly prove-it 2-year deal with the understanding he could make way more being a 2-year starter, so there's a huge opportunity for whoever signs him here.    Sadly, I doubt DEN would be alone in this thinking.  I'd be shocked if a team with a top 10 priority didn't use it on Brown.

12 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Thank God. We need all the OL help we can get. Would not be surprised in the slightest to see him start after the bye against SF. 

yep, that could tip the scales in favor of sf being the undisputed worst team, pending tonights results

Archived