I think I know what’s happening.... prolly not tho

HashtagFTW

So hear me out....

We trade away Golden Tate for a 3rd, then follow it up with a Marvin Jones restructure. All in all, they added about 6m in cap space. 

Why?

Unless a trade hasn’t been announced yet, there would have been no point in restructuring Jones’ contract to save money now.... unless Quinn wasn’t targeting a trade. 

Its no secret Quinn is going to use that cap space. There’s no point in hurting our cap space the next couple years just to bring in nobody. 

So what are we doing with that cap space? Obviously we’re not using it via trade, so are we targeting someone via FA?

like...

Dez Bryant??? 

If so, we essentially traded Golden Tate for a third and Dez. 

Thoughts? If you think this isn’t going to happen, why do you think Quinn cleared cap space?

I can’t speak for dez. However there has been reports on the Dallas radio. That he only wanted to play for the cowboys, but that all fell through when the joneses traded for cooper. Would be interesting to see him in a lions jersey. Stafford would know how to use him for sure. 

I think it's simply for next os.

Think he's about to go all in for next year...

Idk if he is eyeing something it better be on the defensive side. When I first heard Jones restructured I thought PP but guess not

Sure as hell don't want dez... F that

Lol, I thought the same thing kinda. If Dez has ANYTHING left in the tank why not offer him a contract for 8 games, well prolly more like 6 or 7 but still. 

Unless people, coaches, etc just think he's a jerk and can't handle that. I can buy into that as well at this point with him. 

39 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

I think it's simply for next os.

Think he's about to go all in for next year...

Idk if he is eyeing something it better be on the defensive side. When I first heard Jones restructured I thought PP but guess not

Sure as hell don't want dez... F that

Why do this for next year? This actually hurts us next year. We took off cap space for this year and added it to next and the year after. 

I think we can roll the cap space for next year. I'm pretty sure Quinn is all in on next year. Lang and Quin are most likely gone. Probably trade Riddick. They are going to have like $60 million for FA. and no pressing FA to resign. I think they are setting themselves up for a HUGE offseason.

...at least I hope so...

2 hours ago, Millenhater said:

I think we can roll the cap space for next year. I'm pretty sure Quinn is all in on next year. Lang and Quin are most likely gone. Probably trade Riddick. They are going to have like $60 million for FA. and no pressing FA to resign. I think they are setting themselves up for a HUGE offseason.

...at least I hope so...

Ansah will either be gone or signed to a reasonable deal.

On 10/30/2018 at 9:20 PM, diehardlionfan said:

Ansah will either be gone or signed to a reasonable deal.

Yeah I don't think he's in their plans. I think he hasn't played this year because they didn't want to risk him getting hurt as I bet they were trying to trade him and it didn't work out. Bet he plays this week or next. 

Archived