Week 9 GDT: KC @ Cle

onejayhawk

1 hour ago, jimmydee said:

The clock wasn't running, therefore; intentional grounding.  With the clock running, NO intentional grounding.  Pretty simple. First time I've seen it called, but it is really simple.  And correct.

But with them declining the penalty, shouldn’t the clock have started?

I love what one of the post-game shows said. They referred to 375 yds and 3 TD as, "your basic Pat Mahomes game."

To save you the trouble of doing the math that figures out to 6000 yards and 48 TD. 5000 has been done nine times (five by Drew Brees). 5500 has never been done. 48 has been done four times. The record is 55. PM II is on pace for 5154 yds and 52 TD, seventh and second best respectively. 

J

15 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

I watched play replays pretty close. Chris Conley can block. Once he took out 2 defenders near the goal line to spring Hunt for a TD. Conley seems able to sustain his block. This really helps downfield.

He's like a rich man's Jason Avant. Is his contract up this year?

16 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Thanks for the info, I had no idea

Game clock would start when the ball is snapped. However, as the play started with the clock stopped, it's still a penalty. Arrowheadpride had a decent explanation how who could use such a scenarioto your advantage in critical situations if not penalized.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/11/5/18064376/making-sense-of-the-intentional-grounding-penalty-during-the-chiefs-browns-game

Archived