Broncos VS Texans GDT

broncofan48

7 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I really don't like the way we're using Lindsay today.

HOU's strength is run D (along with pass rush) - so yeah, going in between the tackles and on 1st/2nd down, when they can sniff that out, pretty predictable.

Honestly, it's a reflection of their lack of faith in Keenum.   A decent QB, they probably open it up to attack the CB's, who are incredibly vulnerable.  With that HOU pass rush and our pass blocking, though....trying to contract the game, play ball control - which only works, of course, if we can keep the chains moving.

13 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

HOU's strength is run D (along with pass rush) - so yeah, going in between the tackles and on 1st/2nd down, when they can sniff that out, pretty predictable.

Honestly, it's a reflection of their lack of faith in Keenum.   A decent QB, they probably open it up to attack the CB's, who are incredibly vulnerable.  With that HOU pass rush and our pass blocking, though....trying to contract the game, play ball control - which only works, of course, if we can keep the chains moving.

Thats not what I mind, give Booker some carries but don't get the little guy beat up in the 1st quarter.

2 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Thats not what I mind, give Booker some carries but don't get the little guy beat up in the 1st quarter.

I completely agree in theory to save Lindsay from that type of grunt work early, but I'm not sure Booker is going to much work today after that horror show fumble.  It wasn't even a hard hit by Honey Badger there.

(But yes, can't run Lindsay into the ground, keep him fresh and in space, and save him for inside work when it matters, like RZ, key 3rd down and short plays).

Archived