Broncos VS Texans GDT

broncofan48

Well, at 3-6, this season is over.

In two weeks, this team goes to LA to meet the Chargers, and they probably will be 3-7. Then, they play the hot Steelers at home the next week, with 3-8 a possibility.

They should fire Vance tonight or tomorrow. I won't be surprised either way, though. The radio show Mornings at 5280 with Nate Lundy and Shawn Drotar (I think it was them) said something about how the Broncos may keep Joseph until the end of the year because they wanna sell the team and have Joseph be the scapegoat.

The epitath on VJ's coaching career:

Get ball at 35 yard line, 45 secs left, 1 TO - and they get 1 yard on 2 plays net.  ONE YARD.

Because....50 yard FG's are guarantees, right?

Now, McManus doesn't get a pass - but that's EXACTLY the type of coaching mentality that Vance Joseph stands for.     Amen to his exit ASAP.   If today doesn't do it, let's face it, Joe Ellis & Elway are just waiting until January.  Because after today, they have all the cover they need to fire VJ.  And mercifully end this massive failure of a decision.

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

We could have had two more pass plays before that field goal attempt 

This x 10000.

Good teams try to get 10-15 more yards, or even the TD, so it doesn't get into the K's hands. 

Again, NO EXCUSE for McManus.  But that "play for no mistakes" at the 35 yard line is just a plain coaching 3rd grade level stuff mistake.

Like the others, I'm actually happy we are 3-6 for draft position and our future.  And I'm thrilled this is likely the nail that gets VJ fired.   Because in the long run, that's WAY better for us.  I do feel bad for the players, they didn't give up.  Another reason I'm happy - the guys played their guts out, and still lost, but didn't give up.  That's great for our future.

But yeah, VJ.   Gotta go.

15 minutes ago, champ11 said:

We could have had two more pass plays before that field goal attempt 

The second they started to run the clock to settle for that kick, you just knew he was missing. There’s going conservative and then there’s that. I’m not sure even the Mularkey era Titans just happily decide to put the game on the line with a 51 yarder.

Archived