DE Marcus Davenport out at least a month with toe injury

Dome

Rookie defensive end Marcus Davenport suffered a toe injury in Week 8 and is undergoing tests to determine severity, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. Saints beat writer Nick Underhill of The Advocate added Davenport, who totaled two sacks last week, was observed in a walking boot after the game.

If Davenport can't play Sunday, his absence would provide a blow to a Saints' pass rush preparing to square off against one of the NFL's top offenses.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000981730/article/injuries-marcus-davenport-undergoing-tests-on-toe

I'm curious on which play this happened. There was a play late in the 4th (might have even been the last play of the game) that I saw him come up gimpy. My thought was "why the hell is he even on the field at this point". Now I know what I saw was this injury :(

The guy is becoming a stud! Think of his impact for late season, and he gets a few weeks rest. Could be important for a Rookie.

Definitely a bummer to have this happen before our biggest regular season game of the year. His freakish athleticism has allowed him to make some huge plays for us the past several games. Hopefully he comes back healthy. I do think Okafor is a solid guy to plug in though, so I don't think it hurts us a ton as I think Okafor can get the job done.

I'd like to see an overall rating of our defense over the last 3 games compared to the first 4 games.

Anyway, it's clear that Marcus is clearly a disruption, and makes QB's very uneasy past 2 seconds. We will miss that with Okafor. Okafor's good, but he doesn't stretch 10 feet long like Davenport. It's a huge difference.

16 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

I'm curious on which play this happened. There was a play late in the 4th (might have even been the last play of the game) that I saw him come up gimpy. My thought was "why the hell is he even on the field at this point". Now I know what I saw was this injury :(

It turns out that I was way wrong. The injury happened on his sack of Cousins in the 3rd quarter.
That's one tough guy to play the rest of the game with a tweaked big toe!

5 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

It turns out that I was way wrong. The injury happened on his sack of Cousins in the 3rd quarter.
That's one tough guy to play the rest of the game with a tweaked big toe!

You know that **** hurt the next morning though.

Archived