Maryland fires DJ Durkin

JammerHammer21

8 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Who could have possibly seen the public backlash that would come from reinstating Durkin?

Initial thoughts:

1. Better late than never
  2. That stupid *** report is still published where UMD listed out the horsecrap reasons to keep him
  3. Loh needs to GTFO too
  4. Major props to the players, students, alumni, and everybody else who made this happen. 

The fact that they wanted to keep him is disgusting. He killed your teammate and they were going to try and let him get away with it. They had to be pressured by all different kinds of people to finally make the right decision. I would transfer if I were a Maryland player.

Would be nice if we could transfer Maryland right on out of the Big Ten as well. 

7 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

The fact that they wanted to keep him is disgusting. He killed your teammate and they were going to try and let him get away with it. They had to be pressured by all different kinds of people to finally make the right decision. I would transfer if I were a Maryland player.

Would be nice if we could transfer Maryland right on out of the Big Ten as well. 

They don't make us any money I have no idea why there's this cone of silence around the issue at large.

Someone is dead, and nobody is being held accountable at seemingly any conceivable level. 

15 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Should have been done a long time ago... Personally I'd like to know how the hell Durkin and the conditioning coach aren't facing potential charges for negligent homicide.

Jaded perspective time.

Gov. Hogan is in the middle of a highly contested election year and probably put pressure on the DA to keep this from escalating into a talking point or something Jealous could use against him. That's all I'll say.

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Jaded perspective time.

Gov. Hogan is in the middle of a highly contested election year and probably put pressure on the DA to keep this from escalating into a talking point or something Jealous could use against him. That's all I'll say.

Politics are such an amazing and awful thing.

Archived